Chapter Forty- ***SPECIAL CHAPTER*** 'The Flashback'

*FLASHBACK*

-Seven years and a half years ago-

~Moriarty~

I bounced up the stairs happily. I loved seeing Sebastian every afternoon. He was the only good thing that ever happened in the days I saw him. Everything else was just getting worse everyday. Just like the usual, people at work still laughing at me because I was...different. But Sebastian taught me that there was nothing wrong with being different. In fact, it's the highlights of the world because all the others are normal. I remember him saying to me "ordinary people are boring".

I swung open the door to reveal Sebastian typing furiously on the computer which was natural for him as he got angry easily. That was one of the many things that amused me about him. One of many, many things.

"What was it today?" Sebastian glanced at me sympathetically.

"Oh, just comments about my knowledge", I smiled sadly, "They said I was thick just because I kept getting the faxes wrong".

"I don't know why you work there", Sebastian swivelled to face me on his chair, "You don't even like IT".

"It pays good money", I shrugged.

"I could pay you good money", Sebastian raised an eyebrow hopefully.

"We've been over this", I smirked at him playfully, "I won't do your dirty work for you".

"You won't have to kill anyone", he promised, "All you'd have to do is...lead them to their death. What's so bad about it? You hate people, right?"

"Yes", I agreed hesitantly, "Well, the mean ones".

"You'd just be getting revenge", Sebastian persisted, "Please, I need a new assistant. My old one, the bastard, he was stupid enough to get himself killed".

I looked at him.

"Obviously, that's not going to happen to you", Sebastian said, "I'd never let anyone harm you".

I smiled at him. He stood up from his chair and made his way over to me.

"Come on, the danger is fun", he smirked, putting his hands on my shoulders and grabbing them intensely, "You'll look at life with a whole new attitude. Do you really want to be stuck at your boring job with all them idiots making fun of you?"

I shook my head, feeling slightly distracted because of how close he was to me.

"Then join me", Sebastian whispered.

My heart began racing quickly and I stared at him lustfully. I'd been getting these feelings for weeks now. I always thought of him as my best friend but now everything was different and I didn't know why. I was only just realising how much I truly loved him.

Sebastian was staring back at me and my instincts forced me to make my next move. I leant forwards, moving closer to his lips until Sebastian pulled back.

"What the hell are you doing?" He asked, pushing my shoulders away.

"Oh...I", I stuttered with embarrassment, "I thought...I'm sorry".

"James, don't worry about it", Sebastian smiled at me, "You got confused. I get it. Whatever. Just say you'll work for me".

I paused to think about it properly.

"Okay", I agreed and we shook hands.

"And, for goodness sake, wear a suit!" Sebastian added jokily.

I thought it was going to be fun working with Sebastian but I really had no idea what I was really getting myself into.

-Present day-