Chapter Nine- "Forget About John"

~Sherlock~

"And then she just kicked the pigeon, completely oblivious that it was a living animal! Can you believe that? Sherlock? Are you even listening to me? SHERLOCK!"

I jumped at the shout of my name from John interrupting my thoughts.

"What?" I sighed.

"What on Earth has gotten into you lately?" John asked, "You've been acting so strange, almost bothered. Is someone threatening you or something? Is that why you won't tell me where you were yesterday? Are they-"

"John, stop", I snapped, "There's nothing going on, okay? I'm just thinking about that case I was on today".

My phone text ringtone went off at that moment. John went to pick it up but I quickly snatched it before he could read the text. Thank God I got the phone before John because the text was from Moriarty.

I can't stop thinking about you. Can you get John out of your house for about an hour? I need to see you.
-JM x

I let out a heavy sigh.

"Um, John, maybe you should try and find a new case for us", I suggested.

"You're not coming?" John asked.

"I can't. I-" I paused, "I've got to work on something for about an hour".

"Oh, okay", John looked hurt, "I'll be back in an hour then, I guess".

"Okay, have fun", I said before he sadly walked out of the door.

I got out my phone and sent Moriarty a text.

He's gone.
-SH

About five minutes later, there was a knock at the door and it was obvious who it was. I opened the door to reveal Moriarty standing there. He smiled at me and walked into the apartment.

"How did you get past Mrs Hudson?" I asked.

"She didn't see me", Moriarty replied, "She was too busy in the kitchen".

I was walked over to the counter and solemnly stared out of the window. I jumped when I felt warm arms wrap around me from behind. I spun around by surprise and Moriarty's face was dangerously close to mine. Without warning, his lips crashed into mine. I quickly pulled away, feeling guilty.

"What's wrong?" Moriarty asked, leaning his hands either side of the counter so that I was trapped in his arms.

"Don't you think this is...wrong?" I asked, "Sneaking around and everything?"

"Sneaking around makes it sexy and dangerous", Moriarty winked, "Just get lost in the moment and forget about the consequences".

Once again, Moriarty kissed me deeply but I still couldn't enjoy it properly as I felt guilty about John. I didn't pull away this time though. Our kisses always felt wrong but so right. Moriarty brought up his hands and pulled on the locks of my hair to bring me closer. My arms automatically wrapped around his waist and I felt his smirk of approval. Then, I felt his hands move from my hair down to my shirt collar and he began to unbutton. This time, I pulled away again.

"I can't-" I stopped myself, "John will be back soon".

"Forget about John", Moriarty whispered, kissing my neck roughly.

"Do you really want to get caught by him and go to jail?" I nervously laughed because his kisses were getting more and more intense.

"Of course not", Moriarty carried on kissing my neck, "But it's only been forty five minutes".

"And you think we can do...that in fifteen minutes?" I asked.

"You have no idea what I'm capable of", Moriarty purred with eagerness.

"Sorry", I shook my head, pulling away from his grasp, "We can't. N-Not yet anyway. I've never actually...you know".

"You've never slept with someone?" Moriarty sounded surprised.

"I have", I nodded, "Just not with a man".

"Well, me neither", Moriarty admitted, "But that's what makes it exciting. Just...relax".

Moriarty moved his body closer to me again and planted a firm kiss on my lips, his hands sliding around my neck. Before I could protest, I heard the apartment door swing open. Moriarty automatically pulled away but it was already too late.

John had already seen...