Chapter Nineteen- "We Had A Great Game"

~Sherlock~

I made my way to the science lab as quickly as I could and Molly and Lestrade were waiting impatiently.

"You certainly took your time", Lestrade commented, raising an eyebrow.

I ignored Lestrade and glanced at Molly but she just blushed and looked away, making it clearly obvious that she is still in love with me. She would have never been anything more than a friend.

"Well?" I asked Lestrade expectantly.

"Well what?" Lestrade questioned.

"Tell me everything about where Moriarty is", I urged, "We need to find him so we can...end him".

I gulped.

"Hear, hear!" Lestrade said, "Well, we suspect that he might be in the depths of a wooded area".

"Actually, I suspect that he might be anywhere but the depths of a wooded area", I said, trying to sound nonchalant.

"Why?" Lestrade asked, eyeing me suspiciously.

"Because...because it's too obvious", I said, "You really think the world's most dangerous and genius criminal would hide in the woods? Boring. I'd expect better from him than that".

"He has a point", Lestrade said to Molly then turned back to me, "But it still wouldn't hurt to look anyway. You know, just in case".

"It would hurt a lot", I replied quickly, "We're falling right into Moriarty's trap. He wants us to think he's in a forest. Promise me you won't do anything without notifying me, okay. I've got to go".

Without actually saying goodbye, I rushed out of the science lab and quickly back to Jim's mansion.

Jim was watching Dexter with a strange smirk on his face as the torture scene was on. I rolled my eyes and shook my head. He finally noticed me.

"How did it go?" He asked.

"Well, I think it's safe to say they won't be looking here for you", I promised.

"Thanks", he smiled at me.

My phone went off and I noticed I had a text from John.

THERE'S A BLOODY HEAD IN THE FRIDGE!!!
-JW

Yes.
-SH

I turned my phone off.

"Do you remember when you first found out about me at that pool and you almost blow us all up?" Jim randomly asked.

"Yes", I replied.

"And that time we were on the roof and we both 'commit suicide'", Jim reminded me, "I used to write your name over and over again on the walls".

"I know".

"Now I've..." Jim paused and sighed with an emotionless expression, "Now I've got you. I could probably ask you to do anything and you'd do it for me".

He stared into the distance with a thoughtful look.

"It was so fun", Jim said, "So fun. And now we're together and we can't do that anymore".

"What are you saying?" I asked, "You want us to try killing each other again?!"

Jim shrugged.

"I loved making you dance", Jim smirked, "We had a great game. Shame it's over".

"The game is never over with us", I said, "We're just on the same side now".

"It's not the same", Jim sighed, "You were the best opponent. No one could ever replace you. But forget it".

"But-"

"Forget it!"

Jim turned the TV off and went upstairs.