Chapter Six- "You're The Biggest Distraction"

~Moriarty~

I quickly ran out, cursing to myself for foolishly running into the wall on the way out.

Once I had gotten out of the torture room, I leant against the wall and slid down the the ground, hugging my knees.

What the hell had just happened? I just kissed Sherlock. That's all I've ever wanted, right? Well, it certainly didn't feel right. He was drunk from the medicine from the injection. I took advantage of him when he was drunk. That's not right. I couldn't continue with it, I'd feel to guilty if I did. No matter how deeply amazing his soft lips felt against mine and how well our mouths fitted together, I just couldn't do that when he was drunk. Then, it wouldn't have been a moment.

I heard the door open from where Sherlock was and I quickly got up.

"The numbness wore off", Sherlock awkwardly said.

"That's good", I nodded, "I suppose you want to get back to John".

There was no point in even trying to hide my jealousy between Sherlock and John.

"John's not in a very good mood with me at the moment", Sherlock admitted, "Ever since I wouldn't tell him where I went when I was meeting you".

"You got John mad at you just so that I wouldn't get arrested?" I asked.

"Pretty much", Sherlock shrugged, "I won't tell anyone about what just happened in there either".

"Yeah, it would come across a bit strange to people that us, being enemies, made out", I laughed nervously.

"I actually meant the whole injection/torture thing but you have a good point too", Sherlock smiled, "I'll just tell John that I was at a 'friend's' house which is technically true".

"So, we're friends now?" I asked.

"I don't actually welcome 'friends' seeing as they are distractions", Sherlock said, "But I'll make you that exception".

Sherlock shot me a small smile before walking away.

"Even though you're the biggest distraction I've ever encountered in my life", Sherlock said under his breath but it was loud enough for me to hear.

Was that a good thing or a bad thing? Did he mean I was a distraction because I was annoying or because I was all he could think about?

Then, I heard the front door shut and he was gone. But someone knocked on the door again.

It must be Sherlock because nobody else knew that I lived here. I went to answer it and I was so happy to see Sherlock back here, standing on my door step, even more rain dripping from down his precious face than before.

"If I didn't just ask you, then I would have been overthinking until the next time I saw you", Sherlock breathed heavily from the rain, "What just happened between us in there?"

I sighed.

"You'd better come back in", I opened the door to let him in, "This might take a while to explain".