Chapter Twenty One-"I Can Take Care Of Myself"

~Sherlock~

I speedily walked to my car and drove away.

Jim had just told me that he loved me. He loved me. I knew he did anyway but, for some reason, it surprised me. Maybe I was surprised because he actually confessed to it. I was really nervous when he said those three words so I tried to play it off cool as if it was no big deal when really it's the biggest deal of my life.

At that exact moment, John called me. The thing is, I was telling the truth about leaving a hand in the cabinet. I answered his call.

"Sherlock? Where the hell are you?"

"Nearly there, John. I'll remove the damn hand, okay?" I sighed.

"No, it's not that", John breathed heavily on the other line and it was only then that I realised he was whispering, "Someone's here. I don't know who but...they just broke in and they're looking for you".

"I'll be there shortly", I promised before hanging up, feeling unfazed yet a little bit worried.

I continued driving but a lot quicker and I eventually arrived at the apartment. I stormed inside and made my way upstairs to find John. A strange man in a suit had John pressed up against the wall, his elbow forcing his neck backwards. Without hesitating, I pushed the man out of the way and watched him tumble to the floor.

"Call the police!" John ordered.

"No need for that", I muttered, glaring at the man in agony on the floor.

John held his neck in pain and I stared at him for a few seconds with sadness before checking my phone which was going off. Three unread messages.

Sherlock, Lestrade thinks he's onto something. Please get to the science lab ASAP.
-Molly xx

I need to talk to you! Desperately!
-JM x

Think I've found Moriarty this time for real. Where are you? Get here!
-Lestrade

I put my hand on my head, feeling stress getting the worse of me. I began heading to the door.

"Where are you going?" John asked.

"Out".

"What am I going to do with him?" John asked, gesturing to the unconscious man on the floor.

"I don't know, throw him out the window or something", I murmured, feeling a bit dizzy.

"But-"

"Goodbye, John!" I finally left the house, bumping into Mrs Hudson on the way out.

"Would you like some tea, dear?" Mrs Hudson politely asked.

"NO!" I shouted, pushing past her and into my car.

Wait. Where do I go? Jim's house or the science lab? I began driving. If I go to the science lab, I could yet again stop them from finding Jim. But he might need to talk to me about something important.

At that moment, ironically, Jim called. I answered a little too quickly.

"Hello?" I asked even though I knew it was him.

"Can you come over?" Jim asked in a whiny voice, "Now?"

"Uh, I don't know", I genuinely admitted.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because Lestrade says he knows where you are again", I said.

"Oh, just leave him", Jim said playfully and I knew that he was smirking, "Come to mine".

"I can't just 'leave him' because then he might find you!" I snapped, beeping my horn at an annoying slow driver in front of me, "I won't let that happen".

"Don't worry about me", Jim purred, finding my anger attractive as he always does, "I can take care of myself".

"Stop treating this like a joke", I sighed, my forehead sweating with panic, "Please, will you just-?"

I didn't even see it coming. In fact, I didn't even realise that I was on the main road. A huge lorry had came and smashed the side of my car and then the car flipped upside down on its roof, the windows shattering into tiny little pieces. I herd a shriek of horns before I blacked out.