Forty Six

Ram scanned the surroundings, people were everywhere. It's like every part of their huge mansion was occupied by people he doesn't really know. Oo, as expected, wala siya halos kakilala sa mga naroroon. Mabibilang lang sa daliri ang mga bisitang kilala niya. And by that he only meant by face. Never by name. He never give a shit about that.

Nagpalinga-linga siya. Nasaan na ba si Hana? Nakatulog siya kaninang pagdating nila galing Maynila kaya 'di niya alam kung anong oras na ito bumalik ng mansiyon. She visited her mother at hinayaan niya itong magpuntang mag-isa. They missed each other, thus, he will only spoil the moment if he goes with her. Plus, he doesn't feel like parading himself around San Gabriel. He doesn't like the way people stare at him. It makes him feel uncomfortable.

Medyo madilim na ang paligid noong magising siya. He asked the maids if they have seen Hana, kasama daw ng Mama niya. Sometimes he wondered kung papanong nagkakasundo ng ganoon ang Mama niya at si Hana. Parang mas mag-ina pa ang mga ito kaysa kanila, eh.

Ayaw man niyang makisalamuha sa labas ay wala siyang choice. He took a shower and made himself decent. It's showtime, he then told himself before putting on the you-can-talk-behind-my-back-as-much-as-you-want-because-I-don't-give-a-fuck mask. Then he went out of his comfort zone.

At iyon na nga ang bumungad sa kanya paglabas. Strangers, music and lots of foods and drinks. Kanya-kanyang kumpol ang mga bisita. Kanya-kanyang kuwentuhan at tawanan. They all seem to be having a good time that he suddenly felt so out of place.

Then he saw JM mula sa may kalayuan. Wala pa ito kaninang dumating sila. Siguro'y dumating ito noong tulog siya.

Nagkita na ba ito at si Hana? He suddenly felt uneasy on the thought.

Nagpalinga-linga siya. Where the hell is she? He began searching the whole place. He needed to find Hana. He needed to talk to her.

"Ram!"

Napabaling siya sa pamilyar na boses na iyon. It was her! He felt a little relieved.

"Where the hell was you?!" aniya dito.

"Diyan lang, kausap ko Mama mo. Bakit? May problema ba?"

"JM was already here," aniya.

"Ay, oo. Nagkausap na kami."

"You've talked to him?!" He's not surprised to know that she had already talked to JM. He was surprised to see that she seems not to care about it.

"Oo. Bakit? May problema ba?"

He saw the worry on her face. He shook his head to assure her that nothing's wrong. He realized that he was just overacting.

"W-wala naman. I was just worried that... that he'll offend you again," aniya.

Ngumiti ito. "Hindi naman. Mabait naman si JM."

There was fondness in her voice and he suddenly felt odd knowing that it's for JM.