Interview of @distanthearts

~Personal life~ 

1)  What month were you born in? 

April. Ah the fantastic month. 

2) What is your favorite colour? 

You sure you want to ask me that? Yes? Alright, there’s black, white, silver, gold, purple, blue… 

3) If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be? 

Wow, the first place in my mind is Paris. It would be fantastic to head there with someone I love and spend a day there, even if it were only a day. 

4) If you could meet any writer, who would it be? [Professionals who have their books published i.e J.K Rowling] 

Gosh, the list is endless for this one! There’s J.K. Rowling, Rick Riordan, and of course, the author of my favorite Die For Me trilogy, Amy Plum. 

5) What nationality are you? [Optional] 

-------- 

6) What are your top ten random things about you? 

Top ten? Let’s see. I have a million and ten just doesn’t cover it. 

~About your writing life~ 

1) At what age do you think writing started to appeal you? 

I wanted to write since I was ten or eleven, but I started with some small fan fiction novels for books like Percy Jackson and such.  

2) What made you want to start writing? 

Many things! I read the books and go, ‘Wow, what if I could write like that?’ When I read books, my version of events in the story come effortlessly, like there’s really a mini writer in my head picturing out what I would do or what would have happened if I were there. So finally, I started to put my thoughts to paper. 

3) What are you favorite genres to write? Why? 

Fantasy and romance would always be my first choice, but recently my pride and joy is a paranormal story, The Soulful Ballad of Kasia Levine. I’m tempted to try out a dystopian adventure for once, hence my story, The Convergence. These are my favorites because the stories I read all involve fantasy or paranormal events, things that I imagine all I like because they are things that are tied down by reality. 

4) What is your main goal you want to achieve on Wattpad? How do you plan to accomplish it? 

My main goal for now is to gain more reads and votes on The Soulful Ballad of Kasia Levine, and of course to write the stories that people won’t put down for the life of them. I’ve been trying to pick up tips on how to improve writing and make it less drab and I’m heading there. 

5) Is writing a vital [important] part of your life? If so how?  

Of course it is! I go to sleep every night thinking how to describe scenes in words, how to make my characters walk and talk, and how to make things happen. I’m pretty obsessed. 

6) How does writing influence your life? If it does, what role does it play in it? 

Writing influences my life in a sense it gives me a sense of privacy that life certainly doesn’t give us. When I’m writing I’m locked in my own private world of my characters, and when I come out, I feel more like who I want to be, because I wrote my characters that way. 

7) What is your guilty pleasure in writing?  {Optional}  [i.e. R-rated etc.] 

-------------------- 

8) Where do you write your stories? And when is your best time to do so? 

I write my stories on my phone, my laptop… Even pen and paper works when I’m inspired and I just need to get it out. There isn’t a best time for me, because inspiration comes at the strangest times—including in the middle of the night when I wake up from a dream. 

Your reading rituals 

1) What is your favorite type of stories to read? [Genres] 

There goes my list again. Fantasy, paranormal, historical fiction, adventure… Anything works fine when there’s romance!  

2) When do you normally read? And also, where do you read? [i.e. mobile sites {iPod, Samsung etc.}, or internet sites] 

I read when I’m bored. With Wattpad and phones around I get to read a lot of fantastic books, but my favourite is always a good old paperback from the library. 

3) Who are your top 5 favorite authors on Wattpad? [You can exceed 5 if needed] 

Writers? Well, there’s EKShortStories. Her stories are fantastic, and you’ll be all over yourselves reading all her books. Rachel_Desiree has some wonderful short stories that I fell in love with.  

4) Who’s writing inspires you? [Both professional and Wattpaders.] 

Amy Plum, Rick Riordan, and I particularly like the way Veronica Roth came up with the love between her characters. They’re wonderful role models for me to follow and I would do it all to be as good as them, whether it’s the storyline or the writing style. 

5) What are your 5 favorite books on Wattpad? [Only 5 this time ;D] 

Last Shot by paradisiacal, Windswept by wildgreenskittle, all the books by EKShortStories. That definitely exceeds five. 

Bonus/Extra questions! 

1) Who are your closest friends on Wattpad? [Optional] 

------- 

2) What is your favorite catch phrase/ thing to say? 

Oh you’ll never hear the end of it. I have a lot of them. 

3) If you could wish for anything, what would it be? 

Me to know, you to never find out!  

4) What is your lucky number, animal, letter, or even day? 

Lucky numbers? Probably 13. Just kidding. It’s a number that no one knows. 

5) What books would you recommend to others? 

Wow. Alright I’m literally begging here. Please, please, please check out Die For Me, Until I Die and If I Should Die by Amy Plum! All three books are part of the Die For Me trilogy that I swear it’s worth spending days over. 

6) Last question of the interview, What are all your stories on your profile? Give a brief description of each. [Optional] {5-10 sentences} [Give as many of your stories as you want]  

The Soulful Ballad of Kasia Levine 

Summary: When Kasia Levine loses her brother to death, she finds herself torn from the life she had gotten used to. Holding on to nothing more than a ghost of a memory, she can hardly do anything but try and live.  

Then tragedy lashes out once more, this time bent on separating her and her boyfriend, and she finds herself caught up in a new love but still ensnared by her bitter past.  

But Cairan Anders is an unnervingly handsome devil with a job scope to match—he has a terrifying destiny that puts him face to face with death every other day. Gifted but cursed, Cairan finds himself drawn to Kasia in an unforgettable moment of connection, but their bond will unwittingly put everyone that they love at risk.  

When rules are broken and secrets are uncovered, they must realize that they cannot save everyone. 

To check out this author, click the external link.