Interview of @anniejtaylor

~Personal life~

1)  What month were you born in?

August.

2) What is your favorite colour?

Orange and Blue!

3) If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be?

Italy. I’m half Italian, so I think it would be very cool to visit where my ancestors came from.

4) If you could meet any writer, who would it be? [Professionals who have their books published i.e J.K Rowling]

Counting both living and dead, it’s got to be C.S. Lewis.

5) What nationality are you? [Optional]

Confederate States of America!

6) What are your top ten random things about you?

1. I’m not very random. Seriously. I’m borderline OCD.

2. I’ll listen to any type of music, but country music is my favorite.

3. The quickest way to make me smile is to play me something Keith Urban and feed me something Cajun.

4. I’m a Florida Gator/Denver Broncos fan. Which I know is strange, considering I was born in New Orleans.

5. I love NASCAR. What Southerner doesn’t?

6. My favorite restaurant is Pappadeaux’s in Dallas. If you’re ever there, you have to have their crab cakes.

7. I love playing the piano. I actually play it about an hour a day.

8. I love watching TV shows that revolve around mysteries. My favorites are Castle, Hawaii Five-O, White Collar, and Blue Bloods.

9. If the whole writing thing doesn’t pan out for me, I’d love to be a detective.

10. Did I mention I can’t stand the sight of blood?

~About your writing life~

1) At what age do you think writing started to appeal you?

I was dictating stories to my dad before I could even write. I’ve always been creating stories.

2) What made you want to start writing?

Genes, I guess. It’s the whole “have to get an idea out there” syndrome.

3) What are you favorite genres to write? Why?

Historical fiction, because I just plain love history and always have. Also, spiritual fiction, because I’m a Christian and like writing about my faith.

4) What is your main goal you want to achieve on Wattpad? How do you plan to accomplish it?

Win a Watty Award. A girl can dream, right? I guess I’ll accomplish it by becoming the best writer I can possibly be.

5) Is writing a vital [important] part of your life? If so how?

It’s a creative outlet, I would say. Otherwise, I’m not a very creative person. I’d curl up and die if I couldn’t write. So, yeah, I’d call it pretty important.

6) How does writing influence your life? If it does, what role does it play in it?

I’m the mad scientist when it comes to writing. When I get an idea just wanting to come out, I write and I usually don’t stop for two weeks. Then, I’ve practically exhausted my poor little brain.

7) What is your guilty pleasure in writing?  {Optional}  [i.e. R-rated etc.]

Really short chapters. I think it started when I was writing my first novel. I forced myself to write ten to twenty page chapters, and ever since then, I can’t write a long chapter if my life depended on it.

8) Where do you write your stories? And when is your best time to do so?

Anytime, anywhere, as long as I have a writing utensil, paper, and my muse.

Your reading rituals

1) What is your favorite type of stories to read? [Genres]

Either Historical Romances or Mysteries.

2) When do you normally read? And also, where do you read? [i.e. mobile sites {iPod, Samsung etc.}, or internet sites]

I read in the afternoons. I sometimes read books over Wattpad, but I still much prefer the actual book.

3) Who are your top 5 favorite authors on Wattpad? [You can exceed 5 if needed]

(Not in any particular order) shelbylw03, SongOfAutumn, SarahKatheryn, Radio Girl, goldie68

4) Who’s writing inspires you? [Both professional and Wattpaders.]

T. Davis Bunn, Mindy Starns Clark, Gilbert Morris.

5) What are your 5 favorite books on Wattpad? [Only 5 this time ;D]

(Again, not in any particular order) The Wattpad Writer’s Rant, Losielette and the Boy with the Mechanical Heart, All the Wrong Reasons, The Lightkeeper’s Daughter, From Shadows to Starlight

Bonus/Extra questions!

1) Who are your closest friends on Wattpad? [Optional]

2) What is your favorite catch phrase/ thing to say?

Hmm…can’t say I really have one.

3) If you could wish for anything, what would it be?

To see into the future. I’d love to know where my life is going, what the future has in store for me.

4) What is your lucky number, animal, letter, or even day?

Saturday! Seriously, though, I’m not much of a believer in luck.

5) What books would you recommend to others?

All the books in the Cheney Duvall, M.D. series by Gilbert and Lynn Morris. The Gold of Kings by T. Davis Bunn. Complete Idiot’s Guide to Writing Christian Fiction or Complete Idiot’s Guide to Writing a Novel (I own both. Don’t take that as an insult.)

6) Last question of the interview, What are all your stories on your profile? Give a brief description of each. [Optional] {5-10 sentences} [Give as many of your stories as you want]

Alright. The White Magnolia is a Christian Historical Romance that is set in the South at the end and just after the Civil War. Jay Skinner, a Confederate soldier, discovers a shocking secret about his former fiancé. After taking charge of raising their illegitimate daughter, he meets the strong-willed Northern widow, Hannah Parrish.

Song of the Nightingale is a Christian Historical Romance taking place just before World War II in Vienna, Austria. A hidden identity—a nation on the brink of war—a mysterious stranger. Can Lorelei protect herself and her heart? Or is she doomed to heartbreak?

To check out this author, click the external link.