Chapter 35

Kandii followed the chime from her cell.  She had just moved and shit was hectic.  

"A Ha!" She said as she saw her slim pink phone peeking out from under a magazine.

"Hello?” 

"Hey gurl. it's me Nita."

Kandii paused. Not knowing how to respond.  She had been through so much lately.  All, the drama with Devin and Sharon.  Her moving, hell she even had a job now.

'Whats up?”'  Kandii rolled her eyes as she spoke.

"Uh huh, some shit don't ever change.   I bet your ass is rolling your damn eyes!”

Kandii could not suppress her giggles but she tried to put on her Sista Girl voice.

"Mmkay Ms. I know every damn thang.”

"Okay gurl it’s been months, I'ma just come out and say it.  

I miss your stank ass.  I never meant to take any sides; well I didn't take any damn sides.  I am sorry though if that's how you felt."

Kandii reached for a Newport.

"Mmmkay. Keep going."

Nita blew out a puff of air.

“So... Yea I'm sorry alright?  I had nothing to do with Sharon's hooking up with Devin.  I mean yeah I knew she ain't like you but I didn't know about all this extra shit.”

"Did you just say that they hooked up because, I did not know that shit.”  Kandii screamed.

'Ugh gurl, see there you go. You know what I don’t want to have this conversation over the phone.  Can, I just come see you?”

"Hmm I guess.” Kandii rattled off her new address.

 “I'm over in Woods grove now.  My town house is tan and brick the last one on the left.

"Are you fuckin serious bitch? When did you move in?"

Kandii laughed.  “Yes, I’m serious and about four days ago.  I'm sittin on boxes and shit.”

"This is unbelievable Kandii.  Do me a favor and walk outside I want to see something."

"Really outside?”

 “What the hell woman!  I will tell you what I have a balcony.  How about I go stand on it?”

"Yeah do that and hurry your fat ass up."

Kandii smirked as she stood up and crossed the room; just off her kitchen was a beautiful balcony. She had even thought about starting a small herb garden.  She slid open the glass doors and walked outside.

"Ok?  Now what?”

"Hello?  

Well shit!”  Kandii looked at her now black screen.

“Kandii?  Hey... hello where are you?”

Kandii brought her cell to her ear.

"I thought this damn thing was dead?”

She realized that the voice was not coming from her phone but outside.  She gripped the balcony's wooden rail and leaned over slightly.  She saw Nita walk right past her.

'Oh my God!” She squealed with excitement.

“Nita!  I'm over here turn your ass around,” she yelled.

She watched as Nita turned in a small circle looking left and then right.

"Look up bitch!"

Nita glanced up and squinted her eyes.