Chapter 34

Sharon stood in front of the mirror.  Her hands clenched the underside of the sink.    Her rude awaking had left her more than angry.  She had called Nita for a ride.  They hadn't stopped being friends why would they of?

Sharon felt her phone vibrate and quickly answered.

"Hello?”

“Yea I'll be right out.”  She gave herself another once over.  Sighing, she put her chin up as she opened the bathroom door.  Making her way across the lobby and out the Hotel entrance in no time.

She sighed with relief when she spotted Nita parked just a few steps away.  Her eyes darted back and forth, as she jogged to the car.  That crazy bitch might have been lurking.

"Damn! You look like shit gurl.”

Sharon scowled at Nita as she sat down and swung her long legs into the car.  Slamming the door and locking it immediately.

"I know I do."

"Well what happened?  I'm confused, did your mystery guy hurt you?  I got a bat in the back seat!  Let's go fuck this bastard up!”

Sharon sighed.  "Please just get me far away from here OK."

Nita frowned. “Fine, I'll take you to my place then.  I don't think you need to be alone.   That's one hell of a gash.,” she said as she lightly touched Sharon's face.

“You might need stitches.”

Sharon hissed at her touch.  

"No, I don't want to go to the hospital.  It stopped bleeding.  Trust me when I tell you that the bathroom looks like a fucking murder scene."  

"Alright then.” Nita said as she put the car in drive and pulled away from the curb.  They had been driving for a while before Nita broke the silence.

"What happened Sharon?  You know that you can trust me.   We might as well have a chat to make the drive go by fast.”  

"I don't know.  If I tell you the truth you might look at me differently."

 “I really don't want you judging me.”

“When have I ever judged you gurl?”  Nita said with sincerity.

Sharon took a deep breath as she started from the very beginning.  She fidgeted with her hands as she spoke.  Regardless if she was a grown woman or not, there were, some things that she wanted to keep private.  Truly, she wasn't one of those females that gave detailed explicit renditions of their sex life.  Yet, in this case, she had to tell all.  How else could she make Nita understand?

Nita pulled in front of her new Townhouse.  She hadn't said a word while Sharon explained what happened.  

"So...,” she said slowly.  

“You’re telling me that basically you wanted a web site built and somehow you unknowingly hired Devin?”

She saw Sharon nod her head yes.

"Devin didn't know that you are Ebony,” she said as she made quotation marks with her fingers.

“You didn't know that Devin was D.W.?”

Sharon nodded again.

"Kandii happened to be at the same restaurant that you two had chosen for your first date.  Damn, that's fucked up gurl.  I mean... shit. I haven't seen Kandii in a good minute.

I won’t lie, I'm feeling kinda torn.  I mean yeah you are my gurl and all but me and Kandii was best Friends. I know where you’re coming from but shit I can see why she did what she did."

"I know Nita but you know she was a bitch to me! I had planned to whoop her ass or something.  Back when she was last in my office talking shit. "

Sharon left out the other things that she had planned in secret for Kandii.  Somewhere in her sub conscious, she had considered seducing Devin.  Not like this though.

"You really didn’t know you were talking to Devin?  

Like nothing hit you like hmmm D.W..”

"NO!"  

“I'm telling you even when I met him face to face I didn’t know.”  Sharon was getting defensive because she was pissed off at Nita's line of questioning.

Nita sucked her teeth.  "I don't know.  I want to believe you.  

This just all seems messy as fuck to me.”

"Fine, look I'm not going to sit here and defend myself to you.

I know what the hell happened."  Sharon opened the door and got out of the car.  She started to walk away as she called a cab service.

Nita took a deep breath as she got out of the car also and followed Sharon.  

"Hey don't be like that, I'm just trying to figure everything out. Who are you calling?"

Sharon glared at Nita as she asked her what her address was.

Nita sucked her teeth again.  

"So it’s like that?  You had me come all the way to pick your ass up.  In the middle of the god damn night and now you’re calling a cab?"  

“Uh uh honey. All, I did was give you my opinion.”

"It’s cool Sharon.  I’ve had about all I can take of fake ass friends.”  Nita turned her back to Sharon as she power walked to her home.

"I can’t even deal right now,” she mumbled to herself.

“I got my own fucking problems."

 Copyright © 2013

-Eve-