Chapter 33

"Kandii, ain't that yo ex-husband?"  TT yelled.

“Where?”  Kandii whipped her head around.

"Over there towards the back."

Kandii's eyes followed TT’s finger.

"Wow... I guess his ass really did move on."

“Mmmhmm guess so gurl.”

"I wonder who he’s with, I should take my ass over there."

"Nuh uh.”  TT said as she held her arm out.

"I ain't tryin to get put out of this bitch.  I'm hungry as fuck.  What you need to do is keep walking.”

"TT... common now I feel like I should say something."

"Naw keep it moving boo.”   TT grabbed Kandii's arm and led them to their seats.

"Do you think he saw me?”

"You good, he ain't see you.  Oh, shit here come Trone and Mookie!”

"Ugh”.

“Bitch be nice,” TT whispered harshly.

Mookie and Trone greeted the women as they joined the table.

Kandii tried to zone out but Mookie was really working her nerves.  

"Nigga!  

Could you please stop touching me.

Don't no one want your one armed ass.

I'm just sayin..."

"Damn!

I know that shit hurt my nigga, yo ma why you throwing shade?”  Trone sat there glaring at Kandii.

"You know what Kandii ain't no one trying to deal with your stank ass.  You might as well get gone.”

"Common TT how am I supposed to get home?”

"I don't know I guess you shouldn't have sold your car.”

Kandii's nostril's flared.  "I promise you I'ma get you back.!"

“Plaaa ee seee!  

TT gritted her teeth.  Go ahead and try.  You need me more then I need you.”

Kandii grabbed her purse and strutted away.  She felt tears of anger burning in her eyes.  It was time like this, that she missed Nita.  Hell, she even missed Devin.  She dug in her purse frantically for a cigarette.  Elated that she had two more in the pack she smiled and walked to the corner of the building.

The restaurant was busy now and she didn't, want to hear anyone bitching about her cigarette smoke.  A secluded corner away from the other patrons that littered the entrance would do just fine.

Kandii had just taken a puff when she damn near choked to death.

"Devin,” she whispered.

She saw him walking with the woman he had dinner with.  She had to know who it was.  She was willing her to turn around.  Of course she didn't.  They continued to walk down the street.

Kandii stubbed out her Newport against the brick wall.

"Ima find out!"

She walked behind them slowly.  Trying to be stealth.  Little did she know, they were intoxicated and noticed nothing but the others presence.

She cut her eyes when they reached a hotel.

"Not tonight mutafucka."  

Kandii waited a few seconds before she followed them in.  “This is some real stalker shit,” she thought as she hid behind a huge potted Palm.

A man entering the hotel distracted her.  

She was trying to hear Devin and the woman's conversation.

"Excuse me Ma'am? Can I help you with something?"

Kandii scanned him quickly.  Taking in the embroidered R.I. on his blazer.

"I'm sorry, my shoe just broke.  I'm trying to fix it.”

"Allow me to assist you."

"No!"  

“I mean I have it under control. Would you mind getting my luggage for me?  It's just outside the door.  I have to warn you, it's heavy.”  She smiled at the hotel worker.

"Not a problem Ma'am,” he said as he eyed her suspiciously.

Kandii waited until he left.  She saw Devin's back as he waited for an elevator.  

"Fuck!"

Kandii quickly walked past the front desk.  She stood by the elevators and took a minute to compose herself.  She was about to leave when she heard the

Clink, Clink of high heels.  Kandii turned her head to the right and that is when she saw the sign Women's Restroom.  She fast walked to the bathroom slamming the door open.

This was obviously a one-person bathroom as it had one-half stall and a fancy sink with a vanity.  Kandii dug in her purse again.  She smiled wickedly as she found her Mace.

"Ima fuck you up.,” she whispered.

“Hello?  Is someone in here?”  Ebony called out.  

“This bathroom is supposed to be for one person at a time.”

Kandii smiled as she rounded the half stall.  Her finger was poised on the Mace.

"What the fuck?"  Ebony screamed.

“I should fucking kill you now bitch.” Kandii sneered.

"Oh my god the woman whispered.'

Kandii got closer to her as the woman tried desperately to pull up her panties.

"Bitch you scared?”  Kandii laughed rudely.  

The woman was urinating as she was pulling up her panties.

"Might as well left em off.

"I... don't want to fight... it’s not fair... The woman slurred her words.

"Why because your drunk?  Or because you know I'm about to beat the shit outta you.

Oops!

Took too long to answer!”  Kandii lunged forward and sprayed the Mace directly into her face.  She laughed as the woman screamed.  

"What’s going on in here?"  A male voice said.

"Don't say shit bitch."

Kandii grabbed a fist full of her hair.

"So this is why you didn't win my case?  

"Huh?"

She slammed her head against the wall.  The crack it made was sickening.

'Huh bitch,” she whispered again.

Kandii watched as the woman held her forehead.

The pounding on the door started again.

"I'll be right out!  Can a bitch take a shit in private?”

Poor, poor Sharon.

Kandii started to back away.  “I guess I split your fucking wig.  Fuck with me if you want to.  I'll sue you for fucking my husband when yout sorry ass was supposed to be my lawyer!"  

“Fuck that I'll sue your whole firm and get you fired.

Cunt!"

Kandii walked to the door, her hand was on the knob when she turned around.

"By the way that bill you sent me? 

Let’s consider that bitch paid."

Kandii winked and opened the door.

"Hold on Ma'am."  The same man that had called out earlier grabbed her arm.

“Fuck out my way asshole!”

Kandii ran out of the hotel as fast as she could.

 Copyright © 2013

-Eve-

Running Her Mouthजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें