Chapter 69

"Common Devin."  Kandii whispered.

"It’s not that bad here.  

You said so yourself."

It was just past 2am and Devin could not sleep.  He appreciated Pauline putting them up, but he wanted to go home.  He wasn't trying to sound ungrateful, but the accommodation's weren't to his liking.  He was sharing a bathroom with two pregnant woman.

They were always in it!

Besides that, all they did was talk. Nonstop. They had been there for a few days now and Devin was going stir crazy.  Shit he had mowed Pauline’s lawn and did some other odd jobs for her, just so he could have something to do.

"I know it’s not that bad... I am just not comfortable here Kandii.  We don't have any privacy and Dj is sleeping in the same room with us."

Kandii rolled her eyes.  He was just being fussy.  No, Pauline’s house was not the Taj Mahal but it was decent and it was clean.

"Well what do you want to do?

Leave?  You know that crazy bitch is still out there Devin!  Can we afford to be careless?  We need to be watching our backs," she hissed.

"Your 100% right."

"Come again?"

"I said your right.”

“You know how I am.  I've never been fond of hotels or staying with people but I know we are here for a reason and I'm sorry if I'm stressing you out."

"Are you being? Sarcastic Devin?  

Let me tell you..."

She stopped talking when she felt his hand lightly touch her stomach.  It was the first time that he had touched her.  They had been sharing a bed for the past few days but he slept solely on his side.

"You don't mind do you?"

"No..."

"Good because Sharon never really let me touch her belly."

Kandii was sick of being compared to Sharon.  Sharon this…Sharon that.  

Fuck Sharon and everything that she stood for.  

"I'm not Sharon.

 I'm Kandii...remember?"

He grunted and continued the exploration of her huge baby bump.  What he did next shocked the both of them.  He eased up her pajama shirt and rested his head on the side of her stomach.  His arms slid around her and he pulled her closer to him.

Her breath hitched in her throat.

His warm breath was ticking her and she giggled.

Devin pressed his lips against her stomach and kissed if.  He was whispering something so low that Kandii couldn't make out.

Damn, she wished he'd of said it louder.

When she felt his kiss she stiffened.  Not because it annoyed her but because it felt so strange and because it was him.  

He started to place light kisses all over her stomach and she closed her eyes.  He had to of known what he was doing to her.  She was getting turned on.  Her body started to react and she was not sure what to do.  It had been so long since shed been touched.  That a few innocent kisses had her panties drenched.

Devin was so lost.  

Her skin smelled different than it used to.  She smelled like coconut and something else that he could not place.  Whatever it was. It smelled damn good to him.  He flicked out his tongue.  Just wanting a small taste and she jerked under him.