Chapter 22

"I'm telling you I don't like that bitch!"

Nita sucked her teeth. "Why?"

"She’s a self-absorbed trick, with her rolly polly ass."

"Sharon don't talk about my friend that way."

"Fuck your friend Nita!"

"I'm going to have my secretary call her and inform her that I am done."

"Can you do that?” Nita asked.

"Yes, she didn't pay me."  

"Common now Sharon was she that bad?"

"Girl, she was worse."

“Let me tell you about this heifer.  She comes in and barely speaks to me.  As if she is doing me a damn favor.  Then when I tried to go over documents with her, she completely ignored me.  Now Nita, keep in mind this is her life we are talking about.  If she’s not interested, then why should I be?”  Sharon roared.

"Damn, I see what you’re saying but can’t you just give her another shot?  She’s like in denial or some shit.  She’s not a bad person.”

Nita felt weird going up to bat for her friend but that is what friends did right?  She would expect Kandii to do the same for her.  Sharon was cool and all but, she wasn't her "Bitch."

Sharon sighed.

"I guess I could.  She needs to know this is serious. I tried to tell her Devin hired my Nemesis. "John Peason.” He is tough. I know him vaguely personally but his success rate speaks for itself.

If your friend wants to gain anything, then we need to be on the same page. This is not like the old times Nita, when women always won the house, the car, the kids. Men have been taking a stand.

"Fuck.” Nita whispered. So, this guy is hella good then?

"Trust me, he’s top notch.  If it were anyone else, I would know it was in the bag. I expect that John will give me a run for my money. There is no fucking way I will represent an ungrateful bitch.  I refuse to lose in court at the fault of my client.”

"I don't know what to say now, I'll call her up. Try to talk some sense into her.

"You do that; I'll give her one more chance.  If shit don't pan out then I'm done."

This is a dog eat dog world baby.

"I don't plan on getting ate unless it’s some fine man between my legs."

Nita giggled.  "Mhmm Hmm. I'll talk to her okay?”

"Sure, just reiterate to her that this is her life not mine.

Sharon will always be "Paid."

With a soft laugh, she hung up.

Nita rolled her eyes.  She couldn’t have Kandii fucking up.  She would have to push in the  right direction.  Sharon was doing her job, almost too well..

Copyright © 2013

-Eve-