Chapter 67

Sharon had been licking her wounds for a few days.  She could not believe that Devin had hit her.  He actually had tried to knock her skull in.  

She flipped through a law magazine.  She had research to do.  She was bored out of her mind when Nita walked in.

"Girl what are you doing?"

"Pfftt bitch nothing.  Trying to memorize some more of this ol bullshit.  Like I dunno Mami, I don't think I can keep this shit up.  It ain't for me."

Nita rolled her eyes.  Every other week this bitch wanted to cut out on her.  She was sick of hearing Sharon say it.  She still needed her.  If she could have done it herself then she would have never fucked with Sharon to Begin with.

"Why don't you tell me what’s on your mind?"

She sat on the opposite side of the couch and pulled her feet up.

"Like I dunno, this shit is gettin harder and harder.  You know they know that something is up right?  I'm just saying, fuck you gonna do when the truth comes out?"

Nita sucked her teeth loudly.  "See you always start to act crazy.  Are you scared or something?  I mean damn you are the same bitch that has been living in the lap of luxury.  I'm the one that's had to be all low key.  What about me and what the hell I want?"  Nita damn rear growled out.

"Bitch what the fuck has your ass been doing?  You act like you’re the one that's lost some shit.  All I'm saying is that I'm sick of this.  Devin don't like me no more."

Nita rolled her eyes again.  "I bet you liked that dick though right?  And I told your ass not to fuck him!  What did you do?  You fucked him anyway."

"Yo Nita... on the real you got some fucked up ways about you ma.  You called me... had me leave my fucking city and come down here…just so I could act.  You told me you found me an acting job and you basically fucked me over."

Nita was mad as hell.  Yes, she did trick her into coming here but she had a damn good reason.  The bitch was always talking about being an actor anyway.  A job was a job right.

"I did exactly as I said I would.

 You have money now, so what’s the problem Sharon?"

"The fucking problem is that I'm sick of being "Sharon." Yo...

"I want to be me again.  I want to be Ebony Diaz!  You got me down in this mutha fuka talking trini and shit.  Got me being a lawyer at that?  I don't even know how you pulled that shit off man!  Had me up there in an office like I worked there!

Answer me this mami. What’s going to happen when Kandii and Devin realize that they are not really divorced huh?  The fuck then?  

Like I don't think you thought all of this shit through.  Wake up Nita.  

The shit is crumbling down around us.  The nigga done whooped my ass!  He's not even a bad dude."

Nita changed her position and brought her knees up under her.  She leaned up onto them and started clapping her hands.  "Bravo bitch the Academy Award goes to you!"

"I think you’re falling in love with him.  What did I tell you Ebony?  I told you. Do not fall in love with the dick.  What do you mean he’s not a bad dude?"

"Whatever yo. I guess I don't want you to call me Ebony either.  I'll forget who I'm supposed to be and like I said Devin ain't no bad dude.  

Any other nigga from up my way.  Shit i'd of been murked.  Brooklyn niggas don't play that shit."

"I just want to be done and I want the money that you promised me.  I'm tired of sneaking back home and shit.  I miss my people Nita.  I'm hood baby and I want to be just that a hood baby.  

This ain't no big break for me!  I'm missing out on mad auditions and shit just to be here for you and all yo ass been doing is lying to me from the start!"

"Perra sucia!"

Sharon slid off the couch.  She needed to figure some shit out.  Nita had been running her for too long and it wasn't worth it.  She was starting to wonder if the big payoff would ever come.

"What did you call me?"

"Google it bitch, I'm out. I got some shit to do!"

Nita screamed once she head her front door shut.  

"Son of a slut!"

"I can’t deal with this bitch!  That's it... she got to go.  Friend or no friend!"

 Copyright©2013-2014

-Eve-