Chapter 29

"Oh hell naw TT!"  

“How the fuck you just going to change the channel like that?  I was tryin to see what that trifflin bitch was about to do next.”   Kandii mean mugged her cousin.

"Kandii we need to talk, like on some real shit."  

Kandii looked over at TT who was braiding her own hair.  The bags of cheap ass 99¢ hair were strewn around the kitchen chair that she had dragged into the living room.

"You family and all but I need some damn rent.  I ain't even trying to be funny.

We broke up in this bitch.”  

Kandii hefted herself into a sitting position and reached for a Newport.  

"I know this already!  I keep telling you; as soon as I get my divorce money I'ma hook you up.  

Why you tripping?”

She asked as she exhaled a cloud of smoke.

"Mmmhmm well yo ass been here for over a damn month bitch.  When is this money coming?  I got fucking bills to pay and I can’t support your grown ass too.”

Kandii tried to think of something else that sounded good.  She knew that her getting any money from Devin wasn't happening.  Out on her ass, she had to do what she had to do.  Even if that meant moving into the projects with her least favorite Ghetto ass cousin.

"How much is the rent?  I might go to the pawnshop.  I still have a few pieces of jewelry left.”

TT flipped her braids to the side and secured them with a rubber band.

"Mmmm well the rent is like $500, then there's heat and electric and water.   How much you think you can get?"

"I don't know but I'll see.  Let me run down to the shop right quick.”  Kandii said.

"OK OK that's cool.” TT said as she stood up and brushed off the loose hair that clung to her.

 “I'll come with you.  I need to go to the Dollar store anyway.”

"Alright,” Kandii hesitantly said.  

“Go on and change and I'll just wait for you in the car.”

She got up off the couch and cringed as her ass cheeks separated from the pleather material.  Making a loud suction noise followed by a pop pop pop.  

"I hate your fucking couch!  She yelled.  

Every time I get up it sounds like I farted.”

"Bitch what’s the difference?  All you do is lay on that mutha fucka and fart anyways.”

"I do not TT!"

"Mmm hmm if you say so.  Anyway, let’s go shit.”  

"I thought you were going to get dressed?"

"I am dressed.  I just need to grab my shoes.”

Kandii just nodded her head and snatched up her purse.  She walked through the living room, right through the kitchen and out the back door.  As usual, she mumbled when she saw the tall cement staircase looming before her.

"Thirty fucking stairs.  This is some bullshit.”

By the time, she made it up them and to her car, she was out of breath.  She started the car up and quickly turned on the A.C.

"Look at this bitch,” she mumbled as she watched TT climb the very steps that she just battled.

TT had on a neon green tank top, black spandex leggings and dirty ass flip-flops.  Kandii could see her toes over lapping.  Her cousin had a thing about her nails.  She actually got bi weekly fill ins for her acrylic nails.  Toes included!  So when she walked she always pointed her feet upwards.

It was some awkward shit in Kandii's opinion.  When she walked across the cheap ass tile that was throughout the small apartment her nails clinked.  Kandii smirked.

"Bitches nails be draggin and clinking on the floor like damn dogs.”Tink, tink, tink... is the sound they made.

"I ain't never seen such a Ghetto bitch in my life!”  Kandii realized that she was talking aloud.  Her head snapped to the left, then to the right.  Making sure that the windows were up.  

You know that when you talk shit about somebody... it always seems louder then what it really is.  Especially when you are not in the place to be talking shit.

"Ooo weee them steps gonna kill me one day."  TT got in the car and as if on Que the car leaned to the right.  

"If I ever get that damn big I hope someone puts me out my misery.”  Kandii thought to herself.  

Her cousin was a whopping 409 pounds.  Proud of it to.  Could not tell that bitch shit.  Not only was she huge.  She had a thing for all big girl (No No's).  Like spandex and tank tops.  Body suits, booty shorts, coochie cutters.  You name it TT wore it.

What really made her look fucked up was her aqua colored contacts.  Kandii often wondered if contacts could be too small because, them bitches sure rolled around her cousins big ass eye balls like crazy.

"We just gonna sit here all day?"

Kandii smiled at her.  "Nope lets go."  It was then that she made the mistake of looking down.

"Hell naw TT!  You could of lotioned your crusty ass feet.”

"Bitch you crazy my feet ain't never ashy.  Don't hate boo-boo!”

Copyright © 2013

-Eve-