Chapter 27

Devin was at home, tapping away on the laptop.  Hoping for another encounter with Ebony.  

It had been weeks since they had that steamy cyber/cam session.  He was about to call it a night when his phone rang, he quickly reach over his desk clutter to answer.

“Hello?”

“Devin?  Hi this is Sharon Paid.”

“Sharon?”

“Yes.”

“Why would my soon to be ex-wife’s lawyer be calling me?”  He asked her.

"I have some information that might be useful to you."

"Oh yea?  Do, tell."

"Not over the phone, if you don't mind can we meet for a drink?"

Devin hesitated... this didn't seem right to him. He quickly checked his watch.

"I'm not sure about tonight its already kind of late don't you think?"

“Devin it is only 9:30pm. I am sure you can spare me a few moments.  After all, it is Friday.”

Devin agreed to meet her at a new trendy bar called "The Empty Box” He had never been there but heard that the place had a casual formal vibe.  It wasn't your everyday hole in the wall bar.

He quickly showered and downed a white long sleeve polo shirt, pairing it with dark denim jeans and black loafers.  He had recently cut his own hair and trimmed his mustache and goatee, so he was feeling quite handsome. Devin sprayed on his signature "Polo Black" and made his way outside.

He was almost to his car when he heard Marko calling him.

"Aye... hold on a sec man."

Devin turned around to greet him. "Long time no see man!  I forgot you were even my neighbor.”

They exchanged daps and homie hugs.

"Right  ...Right.

 I know man I had been into some shit... I'm trying to change my ways feel me?”

"Yea I feel you.  How about we get together tomorrow or something?”

"What’s wrong with right now?  I see your ol Morris Chestnut lookin ass is clean.  Got a hot date?” Marko joked.

"Not a date exactly but I do have a meeting of sorts."

"Where at?"

"The Empty Box."

“I heard of that place.   Let me roll with you man.  I don't got shit else to do.”

"I don't know if that's a good idea...” Devin tried his damnedest to think of something else to say.  He never noticed Marko get in the car.  He looked up to tell him no and didn't see him.  He figured he ran into his house to change or something.

Devin jumped in his car smiling. Happy to have ducked Marko out.

"Thought you was leaving a nigga huh?  Smiling and shit!”

Devin looked embarrassed for a moment.  He chose his words carefully.  

"I'm sorry man."  I just don't know if this is the appropriate thing to do.”

"Did they say come alone?"

"No she didn't say that exactly."

Marko smirked.."Then what’s the problem?"

Devin sighed.."No problem man."

Copyright © 2013

-Eve-