Chapter 42

“I can’t believe that you went there Kandii.

After everything he did to you, you slept with him?”  

Kandii looked at Nita and frowned.  This was her life.  If all Nita was going to do was talk shit, then she could leave.

"I told you that were getting back together.”

“Why can’t you understand that and be happy for me?"  

“Shit you act like I just met Devin.  Sharon's the bitch that just met him not me."

"Girl, all I'm saying is that this is crazy!  What man leaves his wife? Sleeps with her Divorce Attorney, impregnates her and then suddenly wants his wife back?”  The look on Nita's face was one of revulsion.

She just didn't get it.  Kandii wished that she could make her understand.

"OK so what’s going on with you and James?  You mean to tell me that you don't love him any more Nita?  That if he wanted you back, you would just say no?"

“I don't know what the fuck I would say, Nita snapped.  

James is in Europe playing ball.  I am here. So are his children.  That's all the fuck I know.  I thought we were talking about you,” she mumbled.

"See no."

“It’s so easy for you to sit there and judge me, but when I ask about your life you don't want to discuss it?  Yet you want to know every detail of mine.  I'm not feeling that shit Nita.  Not at all.”

"You have sure changed Kandii.  

I don't know if I like this new you. Something is off...”

Kandii laughed.  

“The only thing that has changed about me, is my outlook on life.  I got off my ass and into the gym and I went back to work.  

Big deal.  That's not what’s bothering you Nita.  What’s bothering you is the fact that I want my man back.

I cant have a man now?  

A bitch don't need any good dick?"

Nita rolled her eyes.

"Cute.  

That's all fine and dandy but if I remember correctly the "Good Dick" that you’re getting now, use to not be shit.  I'm wondering what’s changed?  I'm looking out for you like I've always done and as usual you don't see it.”

“Okay now you’re starting to piss me off Nita.  Maybe you are jealous of me.  Your man left you. Has a completely new glamorous life and is some kind of Celebrity. A life that you’re not included in and while you’re unhappily sucking on this white man’s dick.

I am moving forward.”

"Are you fucking serious right now Kandii?”

Her eyes widened in shock.  Actually, she wasn't shocked at all.  If anything, she was use to this.  As soon as Kandii felt even the slightest discomfort, she lashed out.

Both women were at a standstill.  Each one of them wondering if this friendship was real.  Both feeling like the other didn't care.

"I'm going home.” Nita said as she stood up.

“I think that maybe I won’t talk to you for a few days Kandii.  I'm getting really tired of arguing with you.  It’s to the point that we can’t even have a decent conversation anymore.

All you do is jump down my throat.”

Kandii looked at her over the rim of her coffee cup. She shrugged her shoulders as if to say, so what. A few days break from Nita would not hurt her at all. She wouldn't have to worry about her coming over unannounced that was for sure.

Devin had promised to come over today anyway and he didn't give an exact time.  With the way Nita was trippin she didn't want her around Devin anyway.

 "Hating bitch,” She said after she heard her front door open and close.

 Copyright © 2013

-Eve-