Chapter 42

Updating early because I'm nice lol 😇 and it was one of my boo's birthday's on the 11th... Yassss

Y'all should message me. I love talking to my readers .

Feel free to comment anything y'all :). Y'all so cute with y'all comments :).

Carter POV
*Next Day*

I woke up in a panic after having a dream about Shay.

I quickly looked around while sitting up in my bed as I breathed hard with my bare upper body remaining soaked in cold sweat.

I put my hands over my face stressfully.

I quickly grew very frustrated.... Remembering that my nightmare was basically my actual reality.

Trying to relieve my anger, I grabbed the numerous pillows that were hidden under my thick blankets that represented me holding Shay, before I roughly threw them against the far wall.

I didn't want stupidass mothafuckin pillows.... I wanted her.

I let out a harsh breath.

I threw the covers completely off just before I stood up and walked out of my room in my basketball shorts, almost furiously.

I was about to briefly grab a jacket and shoes to go see her before I quickly remembered that Shay didn't want me anymore.

The guilt was eating me alive

The fact the she forgave me and even texted me back, when I was blowing up her phone the SAME night that I was trippin when I was worried about her after telling her I was in the streets.... Blew my mind.

And to know that I was getting oral sex from a fuckin hoe like a dumbass nigga when she was getting severely abused by the person who haunted her mentally and physically for years.... Hurt me.

AND the premonition I had in my sleep months before, made it even worse if it was even possible.

Words couldn't explain how bad I wanted her back.

It's not like she would just be my 'girlfriend' if we got back together... She and I both knew that if we got back together....

We were getting married.

And I also think that's why she was pushing me away even more was because of that.

I breathed out and slowed down my steps and movements as I looked at my keys in the bowl before the framed picture on the counter of Shay and I at her graduation.... It was one of the many presents she got me for my birthday.

We were so happy together...

As I admired us together... I realized I could see small rays of light, making it about 5:30 in the morning.

I was going to check into another hotel to be able to see her sooner, in a couple of hours anyways when I went to her hotel.

Ky and I were getting rooms at another hotel next to hers just so we could be close by.

I only got almost 5 hours of sleep but that's the most I've gotten in months.

I breathed out as I peeled my eyes away from the image.

With my forarms, I leaned against my cold, thick front door with my head down low.

I slowly ran my right hand down my face as I let out a sad breath.

I knew forsure that I wasn't going to be able to go back to sleep.

This was my usual.

Shay POV
*11:36 a.m.*