Chapter 29

Feel free to comment anything y'all. I absolutely love reading them and they motivate me :). And thank EVERYONE for constantly showing love. Love y'all! 💜

Shay POV
*7:24 a.m.*

After opening everybody else's gift and calling them which resulted in voicemails since it's so early (Carter and I planned our day out like 3 days ago), I saved Carter's gifts for last....

My mouth dropped to the floor over and over as I opened all the presents that he got me. I was sitting on the couch, surrounded with thousands of dollars worth of graduation presents from Carter.

He was laughing and smiling at my reaction as he leaned against the door frame of the foyer with his arms and legs crossed.

Once I was done, I looked around at all the unlimited expensive designer purses, jewelry, shoes along with every other type of present. And let's not forget about the big bag filled to the top with my favorite fat snacks because he knows I love to eat 😊.

Carter knows me too well.

I started crying. Why am I such a cry baby?

"Fuck" I mumbled as I placed my index finger and my thumb in the corners of my eyes to keep myself from crying as I sat on the couch for a couple more seconds and realized I couldn't stop myself from crying.

I stood up, got thru the maze of gifts and started slowly walking towards Carter as I tried to hold in my tears.

The fact that somebody actually WANTED to do something like this for me was.... Crazy.

"Girl I thought you would be happy" He said with a laugh as I felt his arms wrap around me as he began twisting his body a little bit.

I buried my face in his welcoming chest.

"I am" I said as I sniffed and placed a hand on his side.

"Thank you so much... but I can't accept any of this..... except the food" I said as I wiped the tears off of my face.

He laughed.

"Your very welcome and I don't know what your gonna do because I'm not taking anything back" he said smiling as he lifted my face up gently by my chin.

I looked up at him as my eyes continued to water.

"Nobody has ever done anything like this for me before" I said as I closed my eyes gently and let the warm tears slide down the sides of my face.

"Well I'm happy I was the first" he smiled as he wiped the tears out of my eyes with his hands...

*4 Hours Later*

After spending a couple hours thanking him while debating with Carter that I couldn't accept anything he got me.... he gave me a guilt trip because I'm still not accepting anything but he made me feel bad that he did all of that for nothing.... so I told him that I would THINK about accepting one thing that he got me and he would have to pick it out.

He argued with me about it but eventually gave in. He picked out the $2,500 purse that I told Alisha about 4 months ago. Of course I wasn't about to spend THAT much on a damn purse, I was just thinking outloud and I guess she told Carter or he must have overheard me.

Either way I really didn't want to accept anything that I didn't pay for.

He knows how I ammmm 😩.

Ugghhhh.

I was currently in the shower after coming home from the gym with Carter.

It's hard for me to work out with him around because I stare at his muscles flexing so I have to isolate myself a little bit because I can't concentrate.