Chapter 15

Real life Bay Area Marina in MM. Photo credit to me.

Shay POV

It's Thursday. Mother's Day is this weekend and I'm not in the mood. Alisha and I only have a couple more days of school until graduation and I'm not feeling it.

I had my last class of the day and I was leaned back in my chair while looking out the window, I was deep in my thoughts.

Class ended. I was about to get up before my professor asked me to stay for a minute.

Uggh. Fuck.

Everybody left and I began slowly packing up my books and stuff. I walked down the stairs and to his desk.

"What's going on Miss Williams? You are one of my best students and you have been really zoned out lately. What's happening?" My English professor Mr. Bass said to me while taking off his glasses. He was a old-school black man who looked in his late 40's.

"Nothing. I'm just stressed out about graduation" I lied.

"Okay, I hope you can begin to focus again young lady" he said sternly.

"I will but thank you for asking Professor Bass" I said shaking his hand. He nodded while I left his class.

I walked out to the student parking lot and got in my car.

I need to go to the marina... Thank god Mother's Day is on a Sunday, I can't miss anymore school.

I made my way home. I left my purse in the car because I knew I was leaving today. I walked past Ky's car on my way inside.

I put my keys on the tree and put my books and backpack down by the door.

"Wassup sis" Ky said from the kitchen.

"Hey" I replied softly.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Nothin, I'm just tired" I said before I slowly headed upstairs.

I went up to my room and locked my door.

I was leaving today. I couldn't wait until tomorrow to go to the marina.

I packed my suitcase and headed downstairs.

I left my bag by the door and made my way to the kitchen.

"Alisha I'm leaving early. I'm not waiting til tomorrow" I said going over to her and kissing her cheek than going over to the dining table and kissing Ky's cheek.

"Okay babygirl, call me when you get there" Alisha said softly while giving me her full attention.

"Going where?" Ky asked.

"I gotta do somethin" I said trying to dodge the question making my way to the door.

"Be safe" he yelled.

I took my suitcase and left.

I hopped in my jeep before I went to the flower shop. I bought dozens of red roses for all the women in my life, even ones they might or might not have kids yet... I do it for Valentine's Day also.

I wrote and signed the small flower cards before I put in the addresses to where they were going to be sent on Mother's Day.

I than started the 6 hour drive to the marina....

Ky POV

"Where is she going?" I asked confused.

"She didn't tell you?" She asked.