Chapter 26

Shay POV

I woke up out of a deep sleep to my phone buzzing.

I look at the time that read 8 o'clock.

I was SO.... fucking.... tired.

I was about to move my hand to grab my phone when I realized how comfortable I was in Carter's arms.

We were in the same position as we were in when we first fell asleep.

... That's how you KNOW you was dead asleep.

I could feel his soft skin still against the side of my face.

He was lightly snoring, indicating he was in a deep sleep.

I tiredly smiled as my face was still buried in his warm neck.

My phone was still going off so I had to stop taking in the moment with Carter and get up so the sound wouldn't wake him up.

I gently unwrapped my arms from his sexy ass bare upperbody and slowly unwrapped my legs from his.

His arms were securely around me so I had to gently place my hand on his forearms and move them.

I than separated myself from his warm body. I slipped out of the bed and onto the floor as I quickly pressed the button to silence my phone before I put it back down.

I look at Carter again.

He scrunched up his eyebrows and started moving around in his sleep from my absence so I quickly grabbed a big pillow and placed it where I was.

He quickly wrapped his arms around it and gently laid his head on it. He relaxed his face and breathed out as he quickly fell back asleep.

I tiredly smiled at how cute he was as I tucked his huge body back in.

We always sleep with the AC on... I don't know why it's just more comfortable.

I quietly grabbed my keys and started to head to the door as I rubbed my eyes.

I slipped my shoes on and unlocked the door. I quietly opened it and headed out to my car.

My eyes ached for a second as the brightness of the hot California morning gleamed into them.

I grabbed my purse and bag before I headed back up the stairs and back into the apartment.

I gently sat my purse down on the table as I locked the door and slipped my shoes off.

I quietly made my way to the bedroom and into the bathroom.

I sat my bag on the tile floor and quietly closed the door as I flicked the light on.

I sighed as I began to tiredly undress myself.

I put all the hair essentials in the huge, spotless shower before I reached up to the cabinet and grabbed 2 thick towels.

I hung them on the rod as I turned the water on.

I leaned against the wall next to the shower with my eyes closed as I waited for the water to get hot.

I eventually got in the steamy water.

After I took my relaxing shower, I turned the water off and slid the glass door open as I grabbed the towels.

I was somewhat awake now.

I wrapped one towel around my hair. I began to dry my body with the other as I stood on the fuzzy foot mat.