Chapter 23

Feel free to comment anything y'all :). I love the comments plus they motivate me :).

Carter POV

I gently rubbed Pookie's back as she peacefully snoozed and snuggled up into my chest.

I turn my head to look at the clock next to the bed, it read 4:37 a.m., I slightly sighed.

I hadn't been to sleep all night. I was so in my thoughts that I couldn't. Also, I did realize a couple of hours ago how tired I was.

I needed to leave.

I need to talk to Auntie Karsyn.... she's probably playing candy crush on her tablet right now anyways because she's had different sleeping times.

I tiredly smile at the thought of my aunt.

I slowly slid Pookie off of my chest. It didn't matter how comfortable I was with her there because I needed to express some things about what happened earlier.

And what's crazy is that I'm not even the type of nigga to overthink.... ANYTHING.... But this situation just would not, leave my mind.

I gently placed her next to me. She let a small breath out of her nose as she laid on her back.

Even through the darkness of the room, I could still see how puffy her eyes still were.

I frowned.

I covered her back up as I slowly closed my eyes and gently kissed her temple.

I than stood there for a second and studied her gorgeous face.

I had to peel my eyes away from her beauty or I wouldn't be able to leave.

I went to the bathroom.

After washing my hands, I headed back into her room.

I grabbed a hoodie and slipped it over my wifebeater.

My shoes were downstairs and I still had my socks on so I quietly grabbed my bag, phone and started heading to the door of her room.

I was about to open it when I heard her soft voice.

"Please don't go" she said.

I froze.

I let my head hang down. I stood there with one hand on the smooth doorknob and clutching my grey Nike bag in the other.

I look at her and she's tiredly blinking at me as she still laid down.

It was like looking at her made the guilt come back 67x harder.

She must have noticed.

".... I know you were just trying to protect me" she added softly.

I looked back down and sighed a little.

She laid there tiredly waiting for me to decide if I was going to leave or not.

After a couple seconds, I made my decision.

I watched my hand lay on the shiny silver doorknob as I slowly slipped my hand off of it.

I dropped my bag where I was and began slowly pulling the neck of my hoodie as I pulled it over my head. I dropped it ontop of my bag as I tiredly headed back over to the bed.

I looked at Pookie and she had the blanket pulled back for me.

She had a tired smile on her face. I slightly smiled back at her.

My body felt so tired all of a sudden.

I was about to lay next to her and hold her but she gently grabbed my arm and pulled me to her.