Chapter 20

Feel free to comment anything y'all :).

*Days Later*

Carter POV

I was tossing and turning for hours until I woke up in the middle of the night. I sat up and put my arms on my knees as I groaned.

I couldn't sleep without Shay. I couldn't sleep this whole time I've been here.

I couldn't sleep any other way. I mean, of course we've slept without eachother but not for all of these days in a row.... It was almost weird to be sleeping by myself for this long.

It was now day 5.

I looked at the time to read 3:41 am. I decided to get up.

I was only in my boxers. I slid my black sweatpants on and walked over to the balcony. I slid the glass door open and stepped out into the cold New York night.

I put my hands on the rail and looked down at the dark streets and lit up buildings.

Ky and I had 2 different rooms that were about 64 stories up so I could see the whole city.

I wasn't tryna get involved in his fuckery. Even looking at females isn't the same anymore.

I sighed and ran my hands down my face at the thought of Shay.

I wanted her in my arms so fucking bad 😩.

I hope falling in love with her don't fuck my life up because I know that I will never be the same. I'm already EXTREMELY scared of the outcome.... and the only thing that I'm genuinely scared about besides that, is losing my mom or aunt.

I had never felt this way before but it looks like I'm gonna have to get used to it because this is definitely not a temporary feeling.

I breathed out as I turned around and leaned against the cold railing.

I had to call her.... I wasn't gonna be able to sleep without talking to her even if it was for 2 minutes.

I went back inside to get my phone.

I unlocked it and went to my recents "Pookie ✊😍" was the 1st one that flashed up.

I slid my hoodie over my head before I tapped it. I let it ring as I walked back outside.

After a couple rings I heard her soft, soothing voice "Hello" she said.

I breathed out with a small smile at her soft voice. I missed my baby so much.

"Hey" I said smiling. "Did I wake you up?" I asked.

She giggled a little "No".

I knew exactly why she was up.... For the same reason I was.

We talked like this on the 2nd and 3rd day I was here.

"I miss youuuu" I whined.

She giggled a little "I miss you too but you'll be back in no time" she said.

I could tell she was trying to encourage me to relax.

I sighed again. "I can't wait that long" I said sadly.

She smacked her teeth a little bit. I could tell she was smiling. "Than what are you gonna do?" She said. I knew that if she was in my sight, she would have her hand on her hip and her head slightly tilted.

I smiled at the view in my head.

"I don't know" I said looking down at the streets.

She giggled "You'll be fine".