Chapter 33

Super glad you guys all loved the last 2 chapters :). Comment y'all! Y'all be making my DAYSSSS with y'all's comments :).

Carter POV
*2 Months Later*

I'm doing much better.

I have come to the realization that my auntie is probably dancing around up there and she's not suffering or waiting to let a disease take over her body anymore.

I still have my days but I know that she wouldn't want to be stuck in a hospital all the time.

She's not here anymore.... But I know she's waiting for me up there and I'm perfectly fine with that now 😌.

These past 2 months have been rough.... Watching my whole family be truly tested of who they really are wasn't easy. And watching everybody, especially my mom, slip into a depression for awhile was not easy to witness.

My mom went to see a therapist to help her find herself again and she's doing good now! She knows she not miserable anymore and that helps her.

Knowing that my auntie is in a better place doesn't make the pain go away.... But it makes it easier to go on....

She wrote me a letter a couple months before she died because she said she knew it was gonna happen. She said she wrote them just incase anything were to happen before we got to say bye so she hid them in a hospital drawer.

In the letter she explained to me that she was so blessed that she was able to have a nephew like me in her life and that she appreciated me coming to see her all the time. She said it made the process more bearable.

She told me to take care of my mom and brother because she knew they were gonna try to hide their feelings and act like it was nothing just like she knew I was going to.

She talked about a lot of other things before she noted that she hoped I would marry Shay because she could see it written all over my face that I was deeply and genuinely in love with her and that she will always be 'the one' for me.

I smiled at that because my auntie knew me so well.

The letter brought me A LOT of closure and insight of how happy and fine my auntie truly is now.

She also wrote Shay a letter but she told me to give it to her, only when I make that big confession. I don't know when that's gonna be but I'll give it to her eventually...

She said that their letter was confidential.... 😌 My auntie so cute and goofy.

I look up and breath out as I watch Shay laugh to Alisha in the kitchen.

SHE is the reason why I made it thru.

She held it down like none other 💯.

She held me when I cried like a baby. She was patient with me when I didn't want to talk to anybody. She reassured me that their was still hope in me and shined light thru the darkest tunnels...

I let out a deep sigh of relief at the thought of Shay as I watched her laugh.

Her genuine, loud laugh made me smile... ☺

Speaking of my baby, I'm taking her to Disneyland for her birthday. She has never been there and has always wanted to go.... She don't do clubs or nothing like that (which I like) so I was taking her on a surprise trip to Disneyland.

I've been planning it for months. I can't WAIT to see her reaction when her birthday comes...

I looked back down at the board before looking back up at her.