Chapter 16

This chapter is long because yall had to wait for so long so I added more...

Carter POV

I woke up at about 1:30 in the afternoon. And I realized that I was by myself.

Where's Pookie?

I immediately got up. I searched the bathroom and living room/kitchen.

Her keys were still here though?

I look out the window to see her running around the big marina. She had on grey jogging pants and a light blue windbreaker zip up. She had her hair in a ponytail and bright, light blue Nike freeruns on.

She looked very concentrated.

There's no way she hasn't been out there for a long time. I could tell by how much sweat was on her face.

I looked at the gloomy scenery. It was a cold type of wind outside and it was cloudy.

I sigh. I know she's running to blank out. I've seen her do it before. But what's crazy is that it lightweight helps. I guess I'll let her run for a little while longer but as soon as I get out the shower I'm going out there to her.

I go to the bathroom and take a quick 5 minute shower and freshen up. I put my light grey sweat outfit on.

I walk out the door of the lobby and get punched in the face by cold wind.
I see her running to the little corner somewhat by where the hotel was.

I put my hands in my sweat pockets and head over to her.

She was running hard.

She hit the end of the section and began to turn around, facing my direction. She sees me after a couple seconds and starts to slow down to a jog which turns into a slow walk.

Her chest was heaving up an down as she looked at me.

I could see that the cold wind made her face kindof flushed and eyes watery...

Shay POV

I was pumping my legs hard as I ran around the marina because I love the water.

I run so hard for so long that I can't even think and that's what I was currently doing until I see Carter.

Fuck. It was like I came back to reality.

When I run it's like I'm able to go numb for awhile. I was a basketball player in high school so I can push myself for a long time.

I slowed down to a jog and stopped running. I was breathing hard and I was EXTREMELY tired. The feeling in my legs went out about 2 hours ago but I kept going.

He was about 50 feet away from me.

I put my hands on my hips and hung my head down as I looked to the side to see if I could stop myself from crying. I quickly realized that it wasn't going to work so I turned my body away from him so I wasn't facing him anymore.

I placed my hands over my head with my elbows high as I laced my fingers and put them on my head.

I scrunched up my eyebrows and sucked in half of my lips as I began slowly walking.

Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry.

Seconds later, I heard his voice.

"Heyy" Carter said softly to me. "Baby come here" he said gently.

I put my hands over my face so he couldn't see my tears as he pulled me into his chest.

Just his worried voice alone makes me want to open up to him because I know he genuinely cares.