Chapter Forty

June...

Wake up, June.

Wake up, baby.

Come on... Wake up now, Pandy...

"Oh my Gosh!" I sat up straight all of a sudden from the bed below my ass.
And that made my head hit a hard wall.
Wait. It was someone's head.

"Who are you???" I shouted in annoyance.

"An injured man." A very similar voice made me come back to my senses.

I could now see him sitting on the bed, near me with an annoyed expression and his palm rubbing his forehead.
His nose and head already had a bandage. His hand and elbows had it too.
Oh. And his chin too.

I didn't know why, but I broke into laughter.

"Sure," I rolled my eyes and spoke between my hysteric laughs.

"Ugh. Wake up, mom's calling you for breakfast." He stood up, saying this.

"Wait. How am I at home? As long as I remember, I fell asleep on the hospital couch." I glared at him while pointing my index finger in his direction.

"Jesus, please save me from this woman." Zayd dramatically placed his hand on his chest and looked up at ceiling.

"Oh, you brought me home..." I said, thinking really deep.

"You're a genius!" He clapped his hands.

"I understand your sarcasm, Zayd." I rolled my eyes and got up from the bed, walking to the direction of the bathroom.

But I stopped right in my tracks when I realized what was just happening.
Zayd and I just had a normal conversation.
His usual funny situations and my usual laughs. My usual dumbness and his usual sarcasm. Then...our usual smiles and laughs together. I turned around to look at him and saw him already standing just behind me.

My stomach churned at the amount of closeness we had.

"I'm sorry, June." He sincerely said, his eyes staring into mine.

My lips were frozen and so was my whole body.

All I could do was admire him. His chocolate eyes were close to me after I don't know how much time. And I just wanted time to stop.

Wait. What am I doing? I was supposed to hate him.

Who can hate an incredibly sexy guy?

"I want you back.." The same words were repeated by him and I felt the same confused state taking over my other emotions.

Why did he want me back? What was he doing?

He moved closer. I didn't move an inch. I just stared into my favorite eyes, wondering how someone can be as flawless as he was. His lips came so close to mine, just like old times, when I didn't know what should I do? Should I move further and touch them with mine or should I use my useful hands and push his sexy shoulders away.

Jeez...everything about him was either hot or sexy....or perfect.

He rested his forehead against mine and smiled.

Wait. What?

Then he moved his head downwards. His eyes looked at my lips once and then my eyes.