Chapter Twenty Five.

I now knew what missing someone felt like. He was gone. Away.

Maybe I was over reacting. He was just gone for the inter state basket ball tournament. But I still missed him like nothing else.

The worst part was - he didn't even inform me before he left. He just texted me when they already reached California. Yeah they were freaking gone to California!
His text was just simple, informing me that he has reached Cali for the tournament and will return after a week.

I felt empty inside.

I expected him to come to me and say goodbye nicely, warmly, lovingly.
But he did not do any of them.

He always went for tournaments, every year, and he would tell me a day before about it. Wherever he went, he promised to get gifts for me.
This year, none of this happened. No promises. No good byes.

After my birthday night, he was already behaving very distant. I was so drunk that I didn't even remember now what did I do?
I asked Emma but she said nothing at all happened that would make Zayd upset.

I was confused as hell.

I groaned in frustration.

"Miss Sullivan, would you like to tell the class what are you groaning about?" Miss Amanda, the chemistry teacher asked.

I looked up at her; totally startled.

Hesitatingly, I stood up.

"Um...actually I've got stomach ache..." I tried to lie.

But anyone could evidently see that I was purely lying.

"Oh. Then you should visit the clinic, isn't that?" She worriedly told me.

"No, its fine...I'll go afterwards.."

I somehow managed that stupid good for nothing lady and sat down; still irritated and confused about whatever was going on in my life.

I missed him badly.

Even in math class today, I got bored. We both usually sat at the last bench, talking and mocking the teacher. But today I just concentrated on whatever algebra shit that teacher was teaching.

Everything right now irritated me.

After Chemistry, I silently walked towards the debating room. I hated to walk myself there right now.
The people I least wanted to see right now were Tiana and James. And they both would be obviously there.

Since Zayd's and Tiana's breakup, Tiana has been really bitchy and mean to me. She was jealous by the fact that Zayd wasn't mourning anymore about her. In fact he was better than normal with me and we always had fun in the school together. This made her burn with anger and she threw all her frustration at me in the debating room.
I somehow handled her and James also took my side most of the time so it wasn't that hard.
But recently James was behaving so differently. He was being actual weird. I wasn't sure about today's encounter.

I reached the room and pushed the door open. Everybody was already there and were seated in the first row. I went and sat down near a girl. She smiled at me and I smiled back.

"So, you finally showed up. You're fifteen minutes late," Tiana stood in front of me with crossed hands; saying this meanly.

I suppressed to roll my eyes.
I stood up and looked at her, cocking an eyebrow. Today I won't let her win. 

"Why do you behave like my mom? Oh, I forgot, you've been a mom once already...just when you were sixteen, right?" I snapped back at her.

Yes. She definitely deserved it.