Chapter twelve

~~~June's POV~~~

"He'll be fine, dear. We'll just give him some painkillers now," the red headed nurse assured me while putting some ointment over James's nose.
I was so worried. But I guess he was after all fine.
Though he looked really funny right now, with his eyes unconsciously closed, mouth hanging open and nose swollen and covered with white bandages now.

"You can wait out now," she said, and I nodded.

I got out of the small room of the small hospital. The curtains parted the corridor.
As soon as I reached the end of the corridor, Zayd's eyes fell upon me.

My eyes widened and heart beat started to race.

Shit he was walking towards me.
Shit he's gonna talk about the kiss.
Shit he'll treat me like other fan girls of his' now.

"Come with me," his intimidating stare softened as he held my hand and said this; pulling me towards the fire exit.

Uh-oh.

I just walked with him.

Reaching on the other side of the door, he pushed me to the wall and angrily looked through me.
I was taken aback and confused. I raised my eyebrows.

"You're wearing my shirt." He gritted between his teeth.

"So?" I just managed to say this; also because I really didn't get him.

"Dumb woman, it clearly shows your cleavage. I'm sure James was staring at it the whole time you were together alone at your home. He deserved the punch!" He was angry fuck. It was evident.

"O-kay?" I bit my lip and looked away saying this.

Does that mean he was jealous that James could see my cleavage?

Shut up!

"June?" He called out.

"Zayd?" I called back.

"You're still wearing my shirt!" He whined.

Okay, I was irritated.

"Do you want me to throw it off right now?" I spat out angrily.
But then I realized what hell of a mistake I committed.

I totally seduced him with my words.

Shit I really didn't mean it.

Zayd gaped at me for a moment but then shook his head with amusement.

My heart beat thumped when I saw his hands coming nearer to my shirt. His hands neared to my breasts and my body tightened.
No wonder I wanted him to stop right there.

And then he did a thing that touched my heart.
Like really, touched.

He held the collar button of the shirt and buttoned it properly. His hands, for a moment came in contact with my breasts and I was damn sure he felt my pounding heart beat.
All this time, his eyes were on his hands and my eyes were on his amused face.

"I meant this, Darling!" He chuckled softly while taking his hands back and saying this.

"Shut up, dimwit!" I muttered and looked away; so embarrassed that my cheeks were heated up.