Chapter Thirty Six

I sat down on the cold floor, hugging my knees to my chest as I gulped down multiple times the lump forming in my throat.

We just made out. He kissed me. I kissed him back.
We were SO close...

But why did he leave? What the hell was his problem?

I couldn't understand anything about this guy.

But no matter how much tried to deny, there was something in the way he kissed me that made me feel that he wanted me as much as I wanted him.

I wanted answers. Now was high time.

He cheated on his girlfriend and kissed me.

Why?

This was something I needed to know.

I got up and breathed a few times before exiting the room and going back to the ballroom.
I spotted my friends on the dance floor.
I spotted Ella and her puppets with the photographers, clicking pictures with disgusting pouts and poses.

But the guy I needed to find was nowhere to be seen.

"Um...Drake?" I tapped his shoulder when I saw him on the bar, drinking alone.

"Hey!" He smiled at me and greeted.

"Have you seen...um...Zayd?" I asked; lowering my gaze.

For a brief moment, he looked at me with narrowed eyes.

"He looked pissed off for some reason... He took a can of beer and left the hall to go out few minutes back. Did something happen?" He asked with a serious look.

My face had no color and throat was dry when he asked me that. I completely avoided eye contact and looked down at my twitching palms.

"He kissed you, didn't he?" He suddenly asked.

My eyes widened at him and I opened my mouth to protest but closed it again and looked away.
He slightly chuckled at my behavior and took a sip from his glass.

"It doesn't take a genius to notice your red lipstick smudged." He said. "And yeah, even he had red lipstick on his lips. Duh?"

My face flushed at the realization that Drake knew about that secret kiss.

"I...um he..." I started, only to stutter. "I never intended to kiss him back." I finished with a straight face.

"Even he didn't intend to kiss you. But, apparently he has been jealous and impatient seeing you with me.." He smirked and answered.

What?

"W-what are you saying?" I asked him.

He can't be jealous of Drake, right?
And why would he be? He hated me!

"Go June...find him. He must be in the gardens." He dismissed me with his hands.

As much as I wanted to know what he meant, I also wanted to run to Zayd and take all my answers from him.
I had that little light of hope in my heart, that Zayd still wanted me back.
I nodded and walked out of the hall, eventually reaching the garden.

I looked around. The place looked expensive and beautiful. The fountain in the middle of the colorful garden was really cool and blissful.
I wanted to go and sit there. But I wanted to find him.