Chapter Eighteen.

~~~ June's POV ~~~

You know that feeling when you don't want to face the world and hide in a deep hole beneath the ground?
When all you want do is to scream loud till your throat literally bursts?
And when you feel hella embarrassed and every cell of your body begs you to go missing forever?

Exactly!

That exactly what I'm feeling right now.

Mom is standing in front of us with crossed hands and a solemn expression which none of us want to see. We both are looking down at our feet.

We didn't know mom was home today. Like mad people, we were kissing crazily outside the door of the house when mom accidentally opened it.

Haha! Don't pity me.

"What was all that about?" She asked; seriously.

I looked a little up and tried to stare in her eyes but Gosh, they were so intimidating I looked down again.
None of us wanted to answer the question.

"Okay I know that was a kiss...or kisses. But why was that happening between you two? Am I missing something here?"

She spoke again when my sight fell on Zayd. He was staring me too. We exchanged a look of 'what to do?' And Zayd kinda signalled me to just shut up and listen to her.
So I did that.

"Speak up, you two." She raised her volume and I started counting the last minutes of my life.

Okay, I knew I was over reacting.
But seriously, with my mom, you never know when she will kick us.
Did I mention before she knows kick boxing?

"Um...I kinda asked her out today."

WHAT THE FUDGE? WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY ALREADY OUT OF WAY LIFE? I WANNA BANG HIS HEAD ON A HARD ROCK AND KILL HIM AND LIVE IN THE STINKING JAIL FOREVER.

WHAT?

I gave a murderous look to Zayden Parker but his sight was on mom.

"And she said yes...so we were enjoying the moment!" He grinned cheekily.

"Oh my God, so finally you both are together!" Mom attacked us with a 'happy-teary-motherly-moment' hug.
We both hugged her back while she smiled so brightly that her cheeks seemed to fall out.

What did she mean by finally?

I gave a deathly look to Zayd and he returned an apologetic one.
But no, I wasn't going to leave him like that. I will hit him in the head till it becomes a punching bag.
Mom pulled away and pulled our cheeks. Yeah, both our cheeks.
Then she left saying that she had to cook something special for the occasion.

"What the hell you think you did?" I whisperingly shouted as we both sat on the couch.

"What?" He knowingly asked.

"I will seriously break your nose Parker!!" I glared.

I called him Parker whenever I got mad at him.
A very good event today was!

"Listen? What do you think you should have said instead of that? That we were just fooling around and kissing each other but not dating or anything? That we were almost becoming friends with benefits?" He said.

I hated to admit but he sounded sensible.
But friends with benefits? Seriously?
How could I go that...low?

"Friends with benefits?" I asked in a small voice.

"Best friends with benefits!" He said as he winked at me. "Babe!" He completed.

"Ah! Don't babe me." I rolled my eyes.