Chapter Nine.

He took me to corner and Tiana didn't mind.
You know why?

Because there stood James with her!

I felt really awkward coming to such an isolated corner with Zayd after that incident.
And after I saw that intimate moment of them.

"Who was that guy?" He asked me as soon as he made sure no one's around.

"He's James. Why?" I asked; I was sensing something here.

"James who?"

"Um...a new student? We met at the first round of inter school. Don't you remember him? The captain of our opposite team. He shifted his branch and came here. Today is his first day.." I filled in the information.

"Why the fuck were you hugging him?" He asked; coming nearer to me. I walked back getting startled.
He looked really scary.

"Zayd...we are friends. I was um..just thanking him." I spoke; my tongue stuttered.

"Thanking for?"

We reached the end of the wall and my back touched it. He stood close to me and kept one of his hands on the side of the wall.
I stared in his chocolate eyes. They were slowly peeling off the walls I made in between after I found I was attracted towards him.
My eyes moved down to his lips; which were like always slightly parted. They were breathing in and out; his breath falling on me in the process.

"Thanking...for something he did." I spoke short as he moved closer to me.
"Zayd what are you --" I said but trailed off as he stopped where he was.

His chest was now touching my breasts and we were too close that my internal hormones started to get excited.
Fuck, no, stop right there!

But me, being a hormonally trapped teenager just got lost in the moment. I had nothing to say.

I just stared into his eyes like that was the only thing in this God damn world.

"June, do not trust him." He said; and I got scared that his moving lips could anytime meet mine and we could have another awkward moment.

"Yeah...." I whispered against his lips.
I couldn't even turn my head. I was again scared my lips will brush against his' in the process.

So I gathered some courage and put both my hands on his chest; to push him.
But...when I touched his chest and felt his heart beat, it was like....Oh Gosh, I can't explain.
It was beating so fast. It was as if it was beating for me; because I stood so close to him.
Did I make him nervous and happy like he did to me?

I wanted to ask. But...how could I?

I closed my eyes and pushed him a little away.
And then walked out of his trap.

He just stood there; leaning one hand on the wall.

He sighed loudly and then turned to me.

"June, just don't..." He said, hesitated.

"Why? Is Zayden Parker jealous?" I asked. I badly wanted to know.

"No, June. You've been hurt once. And cheated too badly. I don't want that to happen again..." He shouted at me.

Oh. So that's that.

"That's the only reason you are telling me to stay away from him?" I asked, hiding the pain inside.

"Yes June, I care about my one and only best friend." He came near me as he said it.

"Don't worry, James would never hurt me." I looked down and spoke.

When I looked up; he was near to me again; his arms little extended to take me in the embrace.
I badly wanted to hug him right there.