Friendship's Day Special

June's POV:

I hopped out of my car as fast as I could, running inside the house but failing miserably because of my five inched boots.

"Damn it!"

Muttering, I opened the lock of the door and entered inside. Finding the lights off and home quiet, for a minute I paused in my tracks.

What?

Why was everything so silent?

Where was he?

"Zayd?" I removed my boots, calling out for him.

Maybe I was too late. Maybe he ate without me. Maybe he fell asleep.

Sighing with disappointment, I climbed up the stairs to our bedroom. When I pushed the door open, I still expected something. The room decorated with flowers, balloons, candles, anything!
But our huge white bedroom was same as I left it in the morning. He wasn't even asleep on the bed.

Gosh, I screwed up bad this time!

I checked the wall clock and my eyes popped out seeing the time.

It was eleven in the night.

I was a huuuggeeee disappointment to my more than perfect husband. Twenty years of marriage and I still couldn't be on time anywhere. I still am the reckless teenager I was when I was sixteen. Having a twenty two year old daughter meant you have to be a mature woman, who's able to handle the small responsibilities of life. But no, I had to be this reckless!

With an angry mind, I exited into my closet and took out a pair of shorts and a T-shirt. Quickly, I changed into them and walked out, still mad at myself.

I opened the zip of my bag and picked up my phone, checking it.

A few messages. That was all I've got. No texts from him. Or calls.

A message from my daughter read:
"Happy Friendship's Day, mom. I miss you and dad. Don't be late for your ritual.
Xoxo

-Liana"

Guilt surrounded my emotions, making me sadder and sadder with each moment I spent alone in that room. I really was late for our ritual. Why couldn't I ever learn to value time?

Finally, after a few minutes, I dialed his number and pressed the phone to my ear.

Sighing, I waited for his voice.

And suddenly, he hung up.

My jaw dropped and I stared into my phone screen with shocked expressions.

Just when I was about to yell out with rage, a text popped up on the phone screen.

"On the roof"

With a thudding heart, I stood up and walked in the direction of the window. I swallowed my nervousness and slid the window towards the right, climbing out of it.

And there I saw him.

Laying on the roof, tugged in a blanket, smiling at me like I'm the most amazing thing in the world.

"I'm sorry," I mumbled as I crawled near him inside the blanket.

His smell reached my nostrils, giving a homely feeling immediately. I hugged him by his stomach, resting my head on his chest hearing his beating heart.

"Happy friendship's day, Pandy." He chuckled and said, moving fingers through my hair.

"Aren't you mad at me?" I asked him, afraid.

"Nah. I'll survive today."

And that's how he brought a smile on my face again. God, he made me feel so bad. He was so perfect.

"Hungry?" He questioned.

I nodded.

He handed me a box of pizza. A grin stretched upon my face as I sat up, opening the box and picking up a slice for me.

"Mmm..." I moaned as I chewed my first bite.

"Thirsty?" He asked again.

I nodded, my head suddenly full of energy.

Then just like that, he handed me a bottle of beer.

I felt like I was sixteen again, eating pizza and drinking beer with my best friend in the world. We were grownups now, different people having a different mindset than that of before.

The only thing that didn't change between us was our friendship.

People are right when they say the luckiest people on earth are the ones who get to spend their lives with their best friend.

I'm doing just that.

______________________________________

Happy friendship's day, people!

<3

-Ana