Chapter twenty four.

For the hundredth time, I looked at myself in the mirror.
I couldn't deny, I really looked pretty. All thanks to this crazy girl standing beside me with a childish grin on her face.

Emma made me wear a really simple but elegant dress. It was a sleeveless silk dress peach in color which ended two inches above my knees. I felt my back almost bare; as it was crossed back laced. Over that, I carried a silver necklace which had an infinity Pendle. Silver lining ear rings matched perfectly with it.
My hair were straightened by her and makeup was all smoky and sexy. In the end, I slipped silver stilettos in my feet.

Now when I looked at myself, it felt as if I looked my best today.

I smiled; more like grinned.

"You look so...June, are you in love?" Emma asked; a confused but happy expression plastered on her face.

My smile suddenly vanished. I was shocked to hear what she said.
Emma didn't say something till she really and strongly felt that was true.
I looked at her; my cheeks flushing.

I had lost my voice. Totally speechless, I was.

"Wow!" I heard a familiar; sexy, husky voice which made my smile appear again.

I looked at him. He wore a black formal shirt and looked dashing as always. A smile was creepily covering his face which made him look more handsome than he already was.

"You look stunning, June..." He walked towards me; voicing his thoughts.

I felt my cheeks warm up.

He reached me and stared in my eyes as if there was no one around; as if I was the only person in this world.
I felt his strong hands hold mine and bring it up to his lips. He pecked them softly; saying: "No one is as flawless as you."

His words brought tears to the back of my eyes.
The way his eyes right now looked at me, it made me nervous. Like really really nervous.

I could feel my heart beat racing now; and I was afraid he would hear it.

The familiar churning of butterflies returned in my belly and I felt as if I was going to pass out in his arms out of happiness anytime.

He was perfect. He was just perfect.

"T-thank you.." I could say just these two words while looking away.
My eyes landed on Emma who was eyeing us as if we were love sick.

She was...probably right.

Maybe, I was in love with him.

Maybe.

I heard the most beautiful sound of his laughter afterwards.

"You're silly, Pandy. Let's go now. The party's gonna start..." He said holding out his hand again for me.

I held it; not really in a mood to reply to him.
I knew I would choke out if I tried to speak.

Emma, Zayd and I walked downstairs to mom. We met her and she gave me her gift then.
She bought me a new laptop. I thanked her a ton times.
She did so much hard work just for me.

After that, we left for Zayd's place. I was excited for my party. Not because of everything that a party had, because everyone said Zayd was going to give me a really awesome surprise tonight.

I could feel my body getting nervous and my heart confused about what it could be. I loved to assume things, I guess.
And I assumed that Zayd was going to ask me out tonight.