Chapter Thirty Three.

Victory.

We were celebrating today.

We: our debating team.

We won the interschool debating competition's trophy again. Our school was proud of us. Our parents were proud of us.
We were proud of ourselves.

Unlike last time, Tiana was well prepared today. She handled it well and acted as a good team leader. We were not on good terms till now too, but during our preparations, she chose not to mess with me. Off course, after that 'she being a mother' confrontation, she stopped mocking me.

It suddenly dawned on me. Where is that fighter June gone?
Why isn't she fighting for her rights in front of Ella?

"Cheers!" James clicked his glass with mine and screamed.
I smiled in response.

It wasn't alcohol, off course. We were in school!
I now hated the guts of alcohol. After what happened in the last party, I distanced myself from parties and alcohol.
Guilt was still inside me. I wasn't the girl who slept around.

I was ashamed of myself.

Today, in the canteen, the whole debating team sat together and were partying. Emma sat with our old table today.
James was trying to talk to me again and again but after the day he accepted his feelings, I felt so guilty about not loving such a sweet guy and dying for the Playboy, that I always ended up staying quiet in front of him.

But it still wasn't my fault, right?
The heart wants what it wants.

I was eating my ham burger in silence when I saw the Queen bee and her puppets walking inside the cafe.

"I hate her guts!" Tiana rolled her eyes and said. She was talking about my half sister.
I mentally smirked. At least something in common we had.

Before I could understand, everyone was looking at me with wide eyes.

I furrowed brows in confusion.

"You said that out loud, June.." James told me.

I slapped my palm on my mouth and groaned.

I said that out loud: at least something in common we had.

"That wasn't embarrassing, so chill." Tiana laughed and said to me.

I raised my eyebrows.

What was this sudden change in her?

"Don't be surprised, now." Tiana laughed again.

"I'm more like...shocked?" I sarcastically commented.

"Yeah right," she amusingly rolled her eyes.

I chuckled too and again started eating.

Too much friendliness can cause harm.

After the school got over that day, I literally raced my car home. Mom was going to cook today.
It was almost two months and her leg was fine now. She could walk, but only little.

I have missed her cooking and I badly wanted to eat the sandwiches she was gonna make me. She promised.

Opening the door of the kitchen, my eyes lighted up when I saw she was really cooking.

"Oh My Gosh! This is not a dream. You're cooking!" I jumped with excitement and went to hug her lightly.

"Easy, sister..." I heard the irritating voice and my head turned towards her.