Chapter Thirty Four.

Today was the day. The day when we will be getting our test papers. I was so nervous. Actually that was an understatement because the first paper we were gonna see grades of, was my favorite: mathematics.

Our math class was usual. But the difference was that now I sat at the second last bench and Zayd at the last one.
I felt really anxious sitting just before him. Sometimes I felt his eyes on me but when I turned back to find out, I saw him looking at the white board with boredom.

That made me look like a fool and just like one of his fan girls.

If only he knew what I actually felt for him.

Our Godzilla teacher, as we named her, walked and distributed the papers to their respective owners.

When she called out my name and walked to me to give my test paper, her face carried a grin.

"Good Job, Ms Sullivan. I'm really pleased by your grades and your change of company." She looked at Zayd while saying the last line.
She was talking about him, off course!
I could now feel him glaring at Godzilla.

I felt furious.

Here my life was a mess, and she was pleased!

"Thanks, I guess." I shrugged; taking the paper from her and seeing a big B+ on it.

My face broke into a smile.

I finally managed to get what I expected. It was my hard work speaking.

"Zayden Parker, you're not doing too good." Godzilla glared at the guy behind me and gave him his paper.

I was eager to know his grade. We always used to compare and then mock each other about them. I missed all that.
I resisted the urge to look back and started checking my paper.

After math, we got to see more of our test papers. I got an A+ or A- in most of them and B+ again in economics.

Ugh.

All thanks to Emma Bailey. She freaked out when she saw the question paper on the day of exam and we cheated a lot that day. It was more like she cheated and I gave her my half written paper. So I couldn't complete it on time and ended up getting a B+. Still okay, I guess.
She got a B- and was jumping with joy.

This was her best grade so far.

You must be thinking I grinned when I saw B+ in math and frowned when the same grade was given to me in economics.
That was because math and I really didn't get along much. I always, always got lower grade in math. This was my highest score in it till date.

I couldn't understand the stupid concept since I was a kid.

When school ended, I walked into the parking lot alone.

Leaning on my car, stood all my friends.

Emma, James, Vanessa, Charlie and Penn.

"Hey guys! You've got to listen to this...I'm getting an A- grade over all." I cheekily grinned and told all of them. Their face lightened.

"You're gonna be in the topper list this year. I think you're even going to be the head girl next year. Your grades, academics, reputation...it's all touching the sky!" Charlie said; enthusiastically.

I nodded while others praised me too.

But why were they all here today?

"So...what's up?" I casually asked; keeping my bag inside my car.