Chapter Thirty.

Imagine me in a gents undergarment shop, selling men different sizes of underwear. No? Off course, a BIG NO. Its a total bad idea because I'm so much of a dirty minded girl. Maybe I'll imagine the sizes of their dicks and asses when they'll tell me their underwear sizes.
That's just yuks.

Next.

Now imagine me in an ice cream parlour, selling ice creams to cute little kids. Yeah...that's better I guess. As long as the kids won't turn out to be creepy or whiny, I was okay.

I ticked that advertisement in the newspaper and sighed.
The sound of the microwave caught my attention. I walked towards it and saw that oats were ready. This was mom's daily breakfast now.
I served them in a bowl and went towards mom's room. Knocking, I walked in.

She was reading the newspaper too.

"Breakfast's ready!" I sang and gave her the bowl.

"Thanks darling, you've got school today?" She smiled at me and I nodded at her question.

"I'll come late today, mom. Miranda will take care of you. She's on her way," I told her, examining myself in the mirror.

Miranda was our new maid. Because I went to school and had extra practices for the debate competition, she took care of mom all day.

"Why? Practice again?" She asked; chewing her meal.

"No, I'm gonna go work at an ice cream parlour." I said; grinning.

Mom looked at me shockingly. Her face did not seem happy by hearing that. I shrugged at her. I had to do it. Our savings weren't enough for daily expenses. And I couldn't use the bigger amounts in mom's accounts. They were for my higher studies.

"You aren't working." Mom stated; stubbornly.

"Mom, it's important. And I'm not gonna work for more hours, just three hours." I shrugged and smiled gleefully to assure you.

"But June, I have enough savings. We can deal with it easily, kiddo!" She protested again.

I sighed, afraid I will have to tell her the reason now.

"Mom. Your savings are spent in the car repairing. The car was totally damaged. I sent it for repairing and servicing. It took away our savings of three months. So I just have to work." I softly said; explaining it to her.

Her face fell and she suddenly looked older. I furrowed my eyebrows and shook my head signalling her not to worry.

"I'm sorry, darling. That's my entire fault. You're paying for it now..." She almost had tears.
I hugged her.

"No mom. I can do it. I'm your daughter, after all. You're a super woman." I kissed her cheek; assuring her again.

She finally smiled. She took all the details about the new job from me and then let me go.
I left in hurry; already late by ten minutes. I guess I'll have to skip the first lecture now.

Reaching the school, everybody looked at me like I was a ghost. Like I did something wrong. I didn't want this right now. The least I would like after all the drama going on in my life from some weeks was the high school drama.

I didn't look at anybody and found my way to my locker. I found Emma there.

"Thank God! Why is everybody staring at me again?" I asked her; furiously.

"Um...they're just rumors. Like always. They always get new ones everyday.." She said. But there was something hesitant in her tone.

"Yeah, but I am the queen bee. It never happens with ME. No one fake rumors about me," I said in my bad girl attitude.