Chapter Sixteen.

The following day we both reached school really late; because of our dearest sleep. And it ended up giving us a two hour detention after school.
Can you believe it?

I was right now sitting in my economics class with that unknown friend of mine. Strange, right?

"Kadarshian," she said; looking at me with light in her eyes.

"Beauty!" My mouth immediately said it.

We were playing this rapid fire game and I was very much enjoying it. She was really fun to be with.

"Name?" I finally asked her today.

She chuckled before answering and then spoke:   "Emma,"

"Okay, mine is...." I started to say but she had already cut me off.

"June Sullivan! Off course I know you." She winked at me.

Oh. So she knew me too.
So she thought of me as a Queen bee too?
Please! I want a normal friend.

"Don't worry, though. I won't ever treat you like the popular popstar of school. You're just a normal cool lady, June." She said.
My face immediately lightened up as she said that.

"Really?" I asked in disbelief.

"Aw, yeah you're welcome." She started laughing at me.

This was cool. No other girl friend of mine was this Frank with me. Charlie was really close and sweet but at the end, she never made that kind of fun of me or never treated me as a normal girl.
Emma did!

She made fun of me, mocked me and acted stupid and careless. Thank God.
Did I finally get a normal girl friend?

"Where are you? Counting stars, hello?" She waved her hand before my eyes and I ignored my spacing out.

"Yeah...no where. Have you started doing the assignment we've to submit next week?" I asked.

"Do you think I will? I'm a rich bitch kinda girl, June. I just want to pass high school and run away to London to my dad!" She rested her chin on her palm and I noticed the colorful bracelets she wore.

"What do you mean run away? Where's your mom?" I looked down and lowered my voice. I had a doubt our teacher saw us talking.

"Oh, she lives with me here. But I anyways don't like her. Dad promised me to take away with him once I finish high school. So I'm stuck with her right now." She spoke as if it was the most natural thing to talk about a broken family.

"Why don't you like her?"

"Because she hates me. So I don't like her. I am a little merciful, you know?" She faked laugh.

"But why does she hate you?"

"Take a rest, lady. You ask too many questions,"

"Because you don't answer." I rolled my eyes.

She sighed at me and shook her head.
"Maybe because my brother died because of me....and my best friend." She said in a small voice.

Oh. I shouldn't have asked that.

I nodded my head and then didn't say anything. I knew she didn't expect anything in return. I knew she needed to be just quiet.

Slightly chuckling, she said: "June Sullivan, you really know how to comfort a person, huh?"