Chapter Forty One.

Christmas was a day away. Mom, Jay, Ella and I bought a huge Christmas tree for our home. Ella was unusually quiet and sad. I knew it was all because of her downfall. But she anyway deserved it.

I was in full Christmas spirit. We all friends promised to meet at my place on Christmas for a short celebration. After that, we all will celebrate it with our respected families.

Emma will stay at my place for whole Christmas. Her mom left home and went for a holiday in Hawaii at Christmas with her friends. So she was all home alone. She anyway didn't want to spend the special day with her mom. His dad was far away.

Today Emma and I shopped a lot. We bought ourselves new dresses for the special day and some other stuff and gifts for everyone.
We returned home at seven in the evening and found James sitting in the living room. My face frowned seeing him and I totally ignored him and walked in the kitchen to grab a drink. Cold drink. Taking out can of coke front the fridge, I turned around. I jumped seeing James at the doorway of the kitchen.

"June, listen to me...are you still mad at me?" He came closer and asked. His face looked sad. His beard has grown in few days too.

"No. And yes." I said coldly and walked past him.

"I'm sorry I don't know what I was doing. I even apologized to Zayd..." His words made my legs stop.

I turned around and looked at him, confusion written all over my face.

"Why the fuck did you beat him?" I yelled all my anger out at him. .

"Its a long story." He sat down on the couch and said, sighing.

"And I've a flight to catch." I rolled my eyes.

"Sarcastic as ever." He started laughing at me by saying this.

My lips curved up in amusement too. I couldn't help it. James was a good friend and I couldn't get mad at him for much time.
But off course I was angry at what he did.

"Are you telling me about it or should I go and have my beauty sleep?" I impatiently asked, tapping my feet.

Huffing, he started. "Some days ago --"

"Oh wait. I brought popcorn!" Emma excitedly screamed and sat on the couch near James.
"Now start." She grinned.

I wanted to laugh out loud at her stupidity but I let it go and sat opposite to them, leaning back comfortably.

"First of all, I'm sorry. I know you'll get super angry after listening to whatever I'm going to tell you. But I just have to tell you now. I already know I'm wrong, but that time I couldn't help it." He spoke.

Why do I get a feeling I'm going to hate him after he tells me whatever he's going to tell me?

"So, few days...weeks ago, I came to know that you and Zayd are...um are a thing, you know?" He ran his hands through his hair and said.

My heart started beating fast and I gaped at him.
HE KNEW?

"Yes, I knew." He nodded and blinked.

My face reddened with embarrassment. I never wanted my other friends to know all this have happened between us.

"I, off course, knew Zayd was using you. I was furious as hell. He was taking advantage of you, and you on the other side was developing feelings for him. It takes no genius to tell you're in love with him. Its written on your damn face.." He said as if these things frustrated him.

My face flushed when I realized I was that obvious about my feelings. Everyone knew. Damn! On the other side, my heart broke when I realized his words were true. Zayd was take advantage of my feelings. He was using me.