Chapter Twenty Seven.

The worst part of living a bad day is that, everything goes wrong. Like everything.

I wanted to go home after that clinic incident of Zayd. I couldn't breathe. Couldn't walk. Couldn't face the world.
But my school professors were not so cooperating. They assumed I was just fooling because I wanted to bunk the day.
Yeah right. I rolled my eyes at them.

I was much better when I took my music lesson. I decided not to think about anything that happened and concentrate on my work.

That didn't happen exactly. But I was still successful in diverting my mind for at least thirty minutes.

But that thirty minutes passed and another unpleasant news traveled my ears.
There was made an announcement that Principal Stephen was calling me for I don't know what purpose.

I walked down the corridors to his office while everyone stared at me.

Yeah, I knew I looked bad but my face didn't have a "24 hours open" sign board on my face.

I ignored everyone till I reached the huge brown door that said 'Principal'.
Sighing, I stepped inside.

I decided as long as he wasn't going to expel me, I was okay.

The forty year man was seated on an armchair behind the black table; wearing a dark blue suit.
He didn't look angry. Instead he looked at me worriedly.

It wasn't making sense at all.

I sat opposite to him and smiled.

"Good Afternoon, Principal Stephens. What's going on?" I spoke politely to him.

"Miss Sullivan, actually I have a news for you." He said; gently.

"I'm not getting suspended or expelled, am I?" I gulped down and asked.

"No," he chuckled and shook his head. "no, Miss. The news was about..." He trailed off.

He was freaking me out by his pitying stare.

"About what?" I tried to sound as polite as I could. 

"About your mom.. She met with an accident on her way to work. The police just informed us. She is taken to the Charity Hospital and I thought you should know this and be there....."

I could see his lips moving and him saying something else...but I stopped listening.
Everything was blurred. I couldn't hear anything anymore. I still needed to register the words he said in my mind.

Mom met with an accident.

She was in a hospital.

Suddenly, it clicked me.

Why was all this happening with me....

I stood up and stormed out of the office. I could hear the principal calling my name but I didn't bother turning.

I ran towards the parking; this time pushing the watchman. As soon as I saw my car, I pressed the button to unlock it.
Getting inside it, I started it. The engine roared to life and I then drove straight to the hospital.

The whole time I was driving, my heart just wished for her to be okay.

She is my only family. She is my only parent. She is my world.

Nothing will happen to her, I assured myself till I reached the gray building.

I hated to go inside that place. I remembered the time I once lay on one of the beds of this hospital some years ago. Hospitals are pure pain.