Chapter Thirty Five

There were two days left for prom and I still had NO partner.
It wasn't as if no one asked me out. No one appropriate asked me out.
There was a jerk from the debating team, who literally asked me to get laid with him. Then there was a weird geek from my math class who was too shy to say anything so he gave me a piece of paper with some cheap perfumed sprayed on it. It said "Prom?"
That's it. Then he ran away.
There were more guys but I found no one appropriate for me.

"I think we're gonna go alone to prom!" Emma said, sadly.

"Yeah..." I yawned; saying.

We were bunking our economics class and were in the cafe.
I was sipping my cold coffee and Emma was digging into her Brownie with chocolate syrup. We were so similar when it came to hungriness. We both were always ready to eat.

I was gonna die of boredom when I saw Drake entering the cafe with an anxious expression.

"Bond!" I shouted, excitedly.

Since that day, I've always called him bond. Things should've been more awkward between us, but surprisingly they weren't.

"Hey!" His face lightened up seeing us and he motioned towards our table.

"Hi Drake." Emma passed a greeting and he smiled at her.

"Why do you look so...not like Bond?" I frowned and asked.

"Nothing...um I was wondering, if you'll go with me to the prom?" He asked me so cutely that I wanted to laugh aloud on him.

"Off course!" Instead of laughing, I cheerfully grinned.

He let out a sigh of relief.

"Finally I have a partner." He exclaimed with an expression of relief.

"Aw. So I'm only an option. I thought you loved me!!!" I dramatically pouted.

"Off course I love you!" He played along.

This was the best thing with this guy. He never got really serious. It was fun being with him.
Unlike James, he made me feel comfortable. Even after awkward situations we were in, he always found a way to make me smile.

"Oh God I'm so alone," Emma played along too, frowning.

"Don't worry! You'll get a partner, gorgeous Emma!" Drake said. Ugh. He was such a huge flirt!

Emma blushed at that.
Wait. Emma just blushed. Did she kind of like Drake?
That's a great idea. I could set them up.

"Actually...I was thinking why don't you go together to prom. I'll ask James." I shrugged and said.

"Oh no. I will go with James... You both carry on!" Emma replied.

I eyed her for a minute in confusion but then decided to keep shut.

In the lunch break, I came to know that Emma herself asked James and he was ready to go with her. That was fine, I guess.

The girls made plan to go shopping for prom dresses today evening. I was so in. But the sad part was that Ella, Megan and Perry will also be there.
Though, I didn't mind as long as Emma was with me. I could count on her, I knew. 

So, after school, we directly went to the mall. We took two cars. One was mine and the other one was Megan's. Emma, Vinnie and Charlie sat with me while the three musketeers sat in her car.

Shopping was the best therapy for girls. I could shop all day and still wouldn't get tired at all.

We started with finding a dress for Charlie. Penn was wearing a grey tux and so she needed something that matched him. We all parted our ways to find a silver Lacey dress for our friend.