65- Get Out Here. Now!

CAL:

Kayla pokes her head out of the room, scanning the hallways, and her eyes immediately landed on my hunched up figure.

“Cal!” she exclaims, running up to me.

I blush again, but she doesn’t care and ends up locking her arms around my waist.

“Oh baby,” she whispers, burying her face against my burning up torso.

I clear my throat, unlocking her arms from around my waist. She looks up at me with huge, green eyes. Her face is so red, I can only imagine that’s how I look.

“Cal, I’m so sorry!” she begins, her eyes earnest.

I press a finger against her lips, and the moment my finger makes contact, the both of us blush furiously.

“Uhm…you should head back in…” I stammer, rubbing my hand against the back of my neck, not making eye contact. “I’ve…umm…invited some people, for your birthday. The…golden dress is in the master bedroom,” I manage to spit out.

“Aren’t you coming?” she asks timidly, interlocking her fingers with mine.

I nod my head, still looking in the other direction.

“Come on,” she coos, leading me towards the door.

“In a while…do you think you could…possibly, get everyone to leave the main room a couple of minutes so I can sneak in?” I plead softly.

“What? Don’t be silly, Cal. Nobody-” she murmurs confidently before I give her a miserable look, letting her see how truly embarrassed I am.

In response, she wraps her arms around my waist again, pressing her cheek against my chest. “I’m sorry Cal! But it was just a huge misunderstanding! I…didn’t even think…” she trails off.