37- You, My Darling, Were Just Jumpy

CAL:

“I love you man!” Gerard shouts across the room, dashing towards me and giving me a hug. I stiffen but can’t help but laugh at him. “Gerard, I’m glad you finally came out of the closet and all...but I don’t roll that way!” I murmur, wriggling out of his grasps.

Now, where is my lovely girlfriend?

I spot Sean and Aiden sitting in a corner, talking softly. I head over to them and plonk down on the sofa opposite them. “Hey guys, how’s the party?”

“You have crazy friends,” Sean huffs.

“Very, very crazy friends,” Ivan adds.

I snigger. “Welcome to my life!” I smirk. “But have you guys seen your sister. She disappeared,” I mumble.

They shrug and I get off the couch, still looking for the sneaky little thing.

“Kay! Hey Kayla!” I call out.

“I’ll be your Kayla!” Amy volunteers, kissing my cheek.

“So tempting,” I mutter sarcastically, disengaging from her.

The blaring of sirens suddenly assaults my ears and I look around me curiously. Then the blue and red lights flash and I feel my heart rate pick up. Shit! Who the hell called the cops?! I’m underage! I can’t serve alcohol!

I race around the room, throwing all the booze bottles I can find into a black rubbish bin. 

An ominous knock on my door send my heart plummeting. I shuffle towards the door, bracing myself for a strict warning.

I open the door and I’m knocked back by half a dozen cops heading upstairs.

“Hey! What the hell is going on?!” I demand, following them.

They head up to the West Wing and carry on down to my personal spa. This is a joke right?!

“Okay, I get it! Did one of my friends hire you guys to come? I swear, they are so drunk! You shouldn’t have come! This isn’t a bachelorette party! We don’t need strippers,” I mutter stupidly.

A lady cop points her gun at me, looking annoyed. “Shut up Mr Cafferty!” she instructs.

“Okay...” I mumble, holding my hands up. “If you guys are real cops...what’s going on?”

At the same time, the door to the spa gets thrown open and I gasp in shock. There’s blood on the floor and Sam lies unconscious, in a small pool of blood. A few feet away from her is Kayla, also unconscious.

“Kayla!” I shout, pushing past the officers. I press two fingers to her neck and sigh in relief when I feel her pulse. What the hell is happening?

“Mr Cafferty, we’ll need you to come to the station with us,” the lady officer informs me, slapping handcuffs on me.

“What?! No! What the hell?! Somebody tell me what’s going on!” I demand, thrashing around. The cops merely march me down the stairs and outside to one of the cruisers. I’m insanely thankful that everyone at the party is too drunk to realise there’s something very wrong with the scene they just witnessed.

“Woah! Cal?! What’s going on?!” Ivan demands, jogging up to the cruiser.

The officer closes the door on me and begins talking to the twins. I can’t make out what they’re saying though.

Oh god! What in the world is happening?!

***

“Mr Cafferty, I’ll ask you once more, what happened to the girls?” the officer repeats for the umpteenth time, flashing the light in my face.