71- Why Should You Have the Flashy Car?

CAL:

"Yes," she squeaks.

I grin at her, pulling her into a hug. "I love you," I whisper into her ear.

***

The bell rang and I pout at my pretty, -official- girlfriend.

"I will see you after school, my pretty! Oh and Sam, I'm guessing I'm dropping you off at Kay's place so you and Ivan can suck each other's faces off?" I ask enjoying watching Sam squirm.

I kiss Kayla's forehead and head off to my class. When I'm two feet from the door, I grimace, realizing I left my bag in the canteen.

Smooth Cafferty, so amazingly smooth! Who leaves theirs bags around?

Shaking my head, I lop back down to the canteen that is nearly empty. A couple of feet away, I see Sam and Kayla facing three freshers. Hmm. I wonder what's going on there.

I sneak over to them, leaning against the wall so I can listen in on the conversation. The boys are young, freshers for sure!

"Oh come on! Can't we see?!" the guy in the middle mutters.

"I said leave us alone!" Kayla hisses, sounding more pissed off than ever.

"Come on! Just one kiss! Please?" he tries again.

I clench my fists angrily before taking the corner, ending up right behind Kayla and Sam.

"Don't you kids have class or something?!" Kayla nearly shrieks, not realizing I'm behind her.

"Baby, I'll handle this," I coo in her ear, taking a step forward.

I tower over the three guys who look a little terrified.

"Dude! That's Cal Cafferty!" the shortest guy squeaks.

I smirk, raising my eyebrows. "You boys mind telling me why you're harassing these ladies?" I demand.

"Baby, it isn't what you think," Kayla whispers, wrapping her fingers around my arm.

"Shh. I'll handle it baby," I insist gently.

"Nope, Cal, I don't think you know what's going on," Kayla murmurs, a smile in her voice.

"Baby, I'm a guy. I know what's going on," I whisper patiently, giving my girlfriend a kiss on the forehead.

"Okay then baby," she sing-songs.

The guys watch us, mouths open, eyes wide.

"Dude! She's a bi!" the one in the middle exclaims.

"Excuse me?" I snap.

Sam and Kayla smile as Sam takes Kayla's hand and leads her down the hall. The boys actually have the audacity to push me out of the way to watch them.

I shove the boy back, finally irritated.

"That's my girlfriend! So unless you feel like losing some teeth, I suggest never, ever flirting with her again," I hiss, bending down so we're at the same height.

Kayla's tinkling laughter greets me as she jogs over to me, taking my hand. "Come on baby, don't want to scare the kids too much. They just might wet their pants," she murmurs, sticking her tongue out at them.

She wraps her hand around my waist, leading me away before suddenly stopping short. "Oh. Boys? I'm not a les. I'm Callum Cafferty's girlfriend," she announces smugly before pulling me along with her.

Wait!

What?!! Les? Oh!

"Those boys thought you were with...Sam?" I choke out.

Kayla smiles at me, kissing the edge of my jaw. "That's right baby. Told you, you didn't know what was going on," she teases.

"I thought he was flirting with you!" I stammer.

"Nope! They wanted to watch some steamy PDA," she purrs, winking at me before heading to her class.

That's my girlfriend.

Such a tease!

***

We pile out of my car, outside the Thomas house. We aren't even halfway down the yard before the door flies open and Ivan jogs out to meet Sam.

Yup, they're completely smitten with each other. It's adorable really.

Grinning, I entwine Kayla and my fingers, leading her into the house where we flop onto the couch. I rest my head on her lap as she plays with my hair, watching a movie. On the other couch, Ivan and Sam sit cozily together, Ivan playing with strands of Sam's hair.

Kayla's giving Sean a blow-by-blow account of her day, telling him about all the interested guys. Sean pinks a little at that, but listens eagerly.

And before I know it, there's a little squeal and the next thing I know, Emma is on my stomach, snuggling up to me.

"Hey baby sis?" Kayla murmurs smugly, twirling her chain around.

Emma's eyes go wide when she sees the sparkly necklace, she immediately wraps her chubby little hand around it, her face awed.

"He's officially my boyfriend!" Kayla announces, gleefully, before kissing me.

Emma protests loudly, something about cooties, but Kay and I weren't listening. We were getting just a wee bit carried away with the kiss. Just a wee bit.

We pull apart when the door flies open. Mr and Mrs T walk in, their eyebrows raised at all of us in the living room.

They regain their composure after a moment, but the serious look doesn't leave their faces.

"Cal, Kayla, can we see you in the kitchen please?" Mrs T whispers coldly.

Exchanging confused glances, Kayla and I shuffle awkwardly into the kitchen wondering what we did.

"Are we in trouble?" Kayla asks suddenly.

But Mr T doesn't answer, instead he brandishes a note, handing it to me.

"I found that, attached to a brick," he explains, tensed.

"Oh," I murmur, completely confused.

So what?

"The same brick that was used to smash the windows of your car," he continues.

I pull away from Kayla, dashing through the hall to the front door. I ignore the funny looks from the other Thomas kids and Sam.

I throw the door open, nearly howling when I see my baby. All the windows are smashed. All!

Kayla wraps an arm around my waist, holding me in spot while I fume. She hands me the paper, her fingers trembling.

Utterly pissed off with everyone trying to make me read a stupid note while I'm grieving for my car, I open the note.

...and my mouth goes dry.

'Why should you be the one to have the flashy car, brother?'

Evan?