75- Guest House?

CAL:

"Please," I mutter for the umpteenth time, tugging at her arm lightly. 

She shrugs me off, pouting angrily. "Just go! I'll be out in five minutes!" she pleads. 

The both of us are covering behind a truck in the parking lot. And for the last five minutes, I have been trying to convince Kayla to just walk into school with me. 

"Nobody will say anything," I assure her, slinging an arm over her shoulder. 

She raises an eyebrow at me, looking disbelieving. 

Okay fine...so maybe we both know that that won't happen. But her wanting to stay hidden five minutes longer after I leave is just ridiculous. 

"Look babe, if people know, they know. Us covering behind here won't make a difference," I reason. "And if they don't know, well...us coming together could easily be explained by me picking you up in the morning!" 

"Cal, it doesn't matter. Just go, babe. I'll be out in a while," she repeats, pleading again. 

"This is ridiculous, and you know it!" I mutter sullenly, sitting down in the middle of the parking lot. "You know what is suspicious though? Us hiding here! It simply screams suspicion!" 

"Can't we just do this my way? Please baby! I don't usually ask for much, right? Just do this," she whispers, kissing my cheek gently. 

"Fine, fine!" I huff, standing up. "Look, if you're so embarrassed, just tell me next time alright? I'll drive and I'll get my driver to send you later on!" I snap, leaving her crouching. 

Okay, so I'm being a little pissy. I'll admit it. But I can't help it. As it is, I'm in a bad mood. And spending so much time trying to convince my paranoid girlfriend that nobody would suspect that we've moved in together is not exactly helping. 

I feel bad. I do...but not bad enough to want to go back to apologize. I just need a few minutes with the guys. Then I'll go apologize later. 

*** 

"Hey Sam! Where's Kay?" I ask, catching up to the red-head. 

She smiles at me, looking tired. "Kayla's talking to Miss Cynthia. I'm sure she'll meet us in the cafeteria," she murmurs confidently.