31- Kayla or Elle or Kell

CAL:

She isn’t getting away, not that easy!

“No! No Kayla! You can’t leave me like that! Not this time!” I hiss, grabbing onto her arm. I whirl her around to face me and I’m shocked to see the tears rolling down her pretty face.

She looks at me with so much pain in her eyes that it takes me a moment to gather my thoughts.

“I don’t understand! What is hurting you? Why are you crying?” I demand.

“Cal! Please,” she begs, her voice ragged.

“I’m not letting you run away from me crying. You’re my friend Kayla! Now tell me what’s wrong,” I insist, pulling her into a tight hug.

“I’ll mess up your suit,” she protests lamely.

“Kayla, it’s a stupid thousand dollar suit!” I tease.

She stares up at me open mouthed and when she sees the smirk she swats me playfully. A ghost of a smile appears on her face.

“What eating you?” I whisper gently, pushing her hair out of her eyes.

“I can’t Cal... I can’t!” she chokes, pulling away from me. And then she’s running towards Aiden.

Go figure.

She throws me an apologetic look over shoulder before climbing into his beat up car. 

Closing my eyes for a few minutes, I lean against the wall, shivering in my suit. 

“Hey,” Eve whispers, taking my hand.

“Leave me alone,” I hiss.

“Baby... I get it. You like her... and I was your fake date? Why didn’t you tell me though?” she asks gently, finally sounding like herself.

“I donno, okay?! I don’t know anything! Now leave me the hell alone!” I snarl.

She sighs and leans against the wall next to her. “I hate her guts. I think she looks like a wannabe and has the personality of a snail...but baby, I don’t like seeing you upset,” she whispers.

“I don’t understand you! And what was with the whole bipolar thing?!” I demand angrily.

“Well...I figured you liked her seeing as you weren’t your usual hot self. So...I thought I’d help you out!” she admits.

“How did you figure?! By acting like a complete bitch?! Or by acting like a clingy, mad woman?! Because all you did was make it super obvious, alright?!” I huff.

“Geez, keep your pants on. You really have the hots for her, don’t you? I don’t get it, but I won’t judge your apparent lack of good taste. So...what are you going to do?” she prods.

“I don’t know! Shut up Eve!” I mutter darkly.

“I love how you always have a plan,” she mutters sarcastically. “I have a couple of suggestions. How about we get into your car, you send me home. Then either you come up to my unit and I’ll... look after you, or I go to your mansion... or you go see the snotty little kid?”

“You’re brilliant Eve!” I exclaim, kissing her cheek. I grab her hand and drag her to the car. I then speed like an idiot till she’s back at her apartment and I’m halfway across town before I can change my mind.

***

They make it look so easy on TV!

I knock her window gently, not wanting to wake anyone else up. But it really isn’t easy trying to balance on the ledge of her window and knock the window at the same time.