80- Mix Up

KAYLA:

"Did you see her face?" I snorted, swinging my shopping bag happily. "Oh gosh, I wish I had recorded the whole thing!"

"Shut up, Elle-Bear," Ivan snarled, gritting his teeth.

"Awh, somebody's sore. Why, did you not like the way she practically salivated over your shirt? Or perhaps you were jealous of the fact that she kept pressing herself on Sean 'accidentally'?" 

"Elle!"

I giggled again, skipping around.

"How 'bout you, Sean? Didn't you find it funny at all?"

"On the contrary, Kayla. On the contrary. If Gigi were a guy, then perhaps I would react differently, but seeing as how she is both a girl and a bimbo..." Sean shuddered.

"Oh yeah, how does it feel, Sean? I mean, you don't like girls, but they throw themselves on you."

Sean raised his eyebrows.

"The same way you would feel if a girl throws herself on you, since you don't like girls too."

"Ew! That's gross!" I exclaimed, trying to imagine Lizzie grinding herself up to me.

E-W!

"Someone's a little quiet, though, don't you think," Ivan said sneakily, once we reached the limo. Three pairs of green eyes flashed towards Cal's direction.

"Huh? What?"

"Oh, nothing, Cal," Sean said, cottoning on. "It's just that you do seem a bit quiet ever since we stepped into Armani..."

"What? Of course not!" 

"Did you miss the attention Gigi normally only spared for you, dear boy?"

"No!" Cal exclaimed, getting red in the face. Instead of shutting up, the twins guffawed loudly, and I spared a sharp look at Cal.

"Cal? Is it true?"

"No, baby," Cal said beseechingly. "I promise! What do I care about Gigi? I-"

"Well of course you don't care about Gigi," Ivan said, rolling his eyes. "But you have to admit, you did like the attention she gave to you, didn't you?"

"The attention that you had to share when she saw us and decided that we, too, were good enough for her..."

"Cal?" I asked, in a warning tone.

"No, baby, you've got to believe me," Cal said exasperatedly, running his fingers through his hair. "Of course I don't give two hoots about Gigi! I love you!"

"Well, you sure have a way of showing it," I mumbled hotly.

"I- Kayla, please! Look, I'll buy you ice-cream, okay? Just- Oh god, look what the both of you did!" Cal exclaimed, pointing his fingers at the twins, who were now laughing hysterically. "Just you wait, you two. Just you wait..."

---

I carefully slipped on my dress, smoothing it down nervously. Taking my hairbrush of the dresser, I ran it through my hair and clipped it up in a messy 'do. Next, I applied some makeup before I finally checked myself in the mirror. Happy that I at least looked decent, I grabbed my gold coloured eye mask and tied it around my head, giggling at my reflection.

If somebody had told me that I would, in just 6 short months, fall in love with this new place, wake up almost every morning with a smile on my face, fallen in love with an almost perfect guy... I would have laughed at them. But here I was, giddy with excitement, not wanting to be anywhere but here, wasn't I? I exhaled a deep breath, smiling at my reflection again. And it was all Cal's doing. If I hadn't met Cal, if he was the snobbish brat his sister was... then, there would be no telling how I'd be feeling right now. Perhaps I'd be on my knees, begging my parents to send me back to London.