69- Bowling

CAL:

I carefully disengage from Kayla’s sniveling and head to the master bedroom. It’s almost seven. Time for phase two of Kayla’s seventeenth birthday celebration.

I throw off my shirt and buckle up my jeans, returning to the main room.

“Where’s your shirt?” Kayla demands, but I can see her eyes raking over my chest.

Heh, try and resist baby, try and resist!

“It’s all snotty-fied,” I murmur, grinning as she blushes. “I love you, doesn’t mean I love your snot!”

She throws a pillow at me, pouting adorably.

“Okay. Get your skinny ass of the couch, put on your dress and we’ll head off,” I order, mimicking her bossy tone.

She rolls her eyes at me but gets up. “Where are we going?” she demands.

“My place. Call your parents and tell them to meet us there,” I call over my shoulder, heading towards Sean’s room. I knock the door tentatively. “You guys decent?” I ask.

I hear a muffled thump and suddenly Sean pokes his head out, obscuring my view. “What’s up?” he asks, slightly red in the face.

I take a step back, my cheeks turning red too. “Umm, I was thinking of moving this little shindig to my place. We were supposed to check out at noon today,” I explain.

“Oh. Yeah, yeah,” he murmurs, looking a touched disappointed.

“Ben can come, if you’d like? But I did invite your parents and little sister to meet us at my place,” I warn him.

Sean immediately seems apprehensive. “Nope, Ben will go home!” he assures me. “Let me just change.” And he slams the door in my face.