29- May the Best Man Win

CAL:

“Hey shorty!” I call loudly. Half the girls in the parking lot turn to face me, batting their eye lashes flirtatiously. Ew!

Naturally, the only girl who didn’t turn was Kayla.

I catch up to her, closing her mouth with one hand, and her eyes with the other while remaining behind her. I feel her stiffen and panic as she thrashes around.

“Say Cal Cafferty is divine and I’ll let you go,” I whisper into her ear.

And she bites me! I’m not freaking kidding! Not a nibble either! She savagely bit my hand!

Yelping in pain I pull my hand away. “Dude! You tried to ruin my leg last week and now you’re trying to bite off my fingers?!” I demand indignantly.

“Hmm, next time, don’t do that,” she suggests sweetly.

“What the hell do you do at nights? Sharpen your fangs so you can bite off someone’s fingers when the need arises?!” I continue, huffing.

She whirls around and gives me a glare. But she can’t keep it on for long. “You’re such a dorky drama king, Cal!” she decides after a moment.

“And you, Kayla Thomas, are a savage!” I hiss.

“Stop being such a baby, it wasn’t even a real bite,” she chuckles.

I roll my eyes at her and block her path. “So, I was thinking you deserve to be punished for being so rude,” I whisper simply.

“Excuse me?!” she demands, her temper rising.

I hold up a finger to her lips to stop her from giving me a lecture. “Look doll, no matter how you look at it, avoiding someone’s texts, calls and facebook messages is just plain rude,” I inform her bluntly.

“Facebook message? But you don’t have a facebook profile!” she accuses sharply.

“What?! Of course I do...wait! Did you try to cyber stalk me?” I tease as her cheeks turn a bright red.

“You were!” I conclude gleefully, patting her head condescendingly. “Just for your information Kayla, my facebook profile name is Aiden Cafferty.”

“Aiden?!” she splutters, looking confused.

“Yeah...it’s my middle name. And not many people know that... so I don’t have to deal with too many unknown people adding me,” I explain, running my hand through my hair.

She nods her head and sidesteps me.

“Oi!” I call, grabbing her arms. “So, like I was saying, I think you deserve to be punished for being so rude. I thought, what would be a better punishment than going out with me tonight? You’ll have to endure my company and I get to eat, I win,” I murmur, shrugging.