That One Chapter Where Author Finally Updates

Jess's POV

As we both lay on Lily's bed in each others' arms,I smiled for the first time since my mum and dad adopted me.I was worried,however,if I had gone too quickly.

"Babe?"I asked suddenly.

"Yeah,sugar?"Lily replied,her doe-like eyes staring into mine.

I blushed at the pet name and shivers went down my spine where she wrapped her arms around my waist.

"I...did I go too fast?"I questioned.

Her face morphed into one of confusion.

"What do you mean?"She tilted her head to one side.

I scratched the back of my neck nervously and sucked in a breath through my teeth.I tried to think of a good and informative reply but just decided to blurt it out in the end.

"We met a few days ago and all of a sudden I ask you to be mine then I kiss you which I would find very fast forward..." I suddenly started rambling, apologizing rapidly.

I was cut off by Lily taking my chin in her hand and a soft kiss.My eyes widened but kissed her back because why not? Lily pulled away and smiled, tucking my fringe behind my ear.

"You don't have to apologize. It was gonna happen sooner or later and I would have preferred sooner to be honest." Lily blushed and kissed my cheek,returning to our previous position and making me feel more safe than I ever have before.