Settling In

Jade's POV

So after all the shit that we had to endure such as a tour,rules and other stuff,Lola and I were finally allowed to retreat to our dorm.

The dorm was quite nice,if I say so myself.It was like a small and cosy apartment,except slightly smaller.

There was one bedroom and I smiled,glad that my mum had arranged that as I hated to sleep alone.

I looked up at Lola,sighed and walked into our room,trying to unpack my things.I saw Lola out of the corner of my eye and she was playing with something in her pocket.

"What's that,babe?"I questioned,raising an eyebrow.

"Hmm? Oh something I brought from home."She replied.

I shrugged and continued,but stopped when I felt a pair of hands massage my back.

I tensed,but relaxed when Lola rubbed a spot which had been hurting particularly today.She hummed a familiar song,'The Ballad Of Mona Lisa' and I smiled as that was the song I was listening to when we first met.

Lola grinned,knowing how happy that made me.I bit my lip when she started kissing my shoulders,god all this girl thought about was sex.

I kinda liked that though.

I turned around,smiling at my beautiful girlfriend.Her hair was back to blonde with purple dip-dye and it fit her perfectly if I'm honest.

She had a choker on,and she was wearing a Green Day band shirt with ripped skinny jeans and oh god she had her flannel shirt tied in a knot at the bottom of her chest.

Lola noticed me looking and smirked before kissing my forehead sweetly and walking to our small kitchen,probably to put the food we had brought along in our cupboards.

I sighed and smiled,before my gaze fell upon my turquoise and black electric guitar in its case.My smile grew wider and I briskly walked over to pick it up.

I had played guitar for about 3 years without any lessons,I taught myself how to play certain songs and how to form proper chords at about 10 years old.My dad had been very eager to give me an upgrade to my normal acoustic guitar yet my mum was worried about school,the money it would cost and other things like that.

However,I managed to convince her in the end that I absolutely wanted and needed an electric.

I got what I wanted,and boy was I over the moon.This guitar is probably the only thing that I love more than Lola and my family.Countless times I would remember when I would lock myself in my room and try to learn almost impossible guitar solos until they were perfect.

I smiled more when something sparkling caught my eye in the guitar case.I walked over and picked it up,my eyes lighting up when I saw the object.

It was my first pick but had been made into a necklace by my uncle(he works at a jewelry shop).It was a maroon color with a shiny lightning bolt at the top.Small ruby stones formed into a curve along the side but that was just added by my uncle.

I didn't use it anymore as I always lost my picks and they were too fiddly for my liking but I kept this one as it was too special to forget.I put it around my neck and pulled the guitar strap over my shoulder,letting it hang there for a second.

I grabbed the amp that was sitting in the corner of the room and plugged the guitar in,adjusting the volume just to how I liked it.Loud as fuck.

I began to play 'I'm Not Okay'(I Promise)' by My Chemical Romance because even thought they weren't a band anymore,I still adored their music and admired them.And yes,I still ship Frerard.

I reached the second verse and climbed onto the bed,pretending it was a stage and I started to sing as loud as I was playing.Thank god it was late afternoon or else we would be getting so many complaints right now.

I focused more on my playing and began to jump around,as if I were Frank Iero or something.

I then heard a giggle from the door and stopped,looking down and seeing Lola in a fit of giggles and holding her stomach with one hand,wiping a nonexistent tear with the other.

I flushed bright red and got down with her help,Lola still laughing.I made a comical pout with my lips and she kissed them,leaving me still quite embarassed.Lola smirked and looked at my guitar then at my necklace.

"Took a walk down memory lane,did we?"She asked smugly.

"Shut up."I mumbled and looked down in embarassment.

Lola shook her head and smiled,tilting my chin to face her.

"Play something for me?"She asked innocently."Please?"Lola added.

I sighed,knowing that I couldn't give in to that face she was giving me.

"Fine."I breathed out and put my hands where they were supposed to be on the guitar.

Lola did a small celebration dance then sat on the floor in front of me like an audience.

I sat on the bed and looked at her.

"Any requests?"I asked smiling.

"Uhhh,Green Day!"Lola shouted in excitement.

I grinned and began to play 'Wake Me Up When September Ends' which was my favorite Green Day song apart from 'American Idiot'.

Summer has come and passed
The innocent can never last
Wake me up when September ends

Like my father's come to pass
Seven years has gone so fast
Wake me up when September ends

Here comes the rain again
Falling from the stars
Drenched in my pain again
Becoming who we are

As my memory rests
But never forgets what I lost
Wake me up when September ends

Summer has come and passed
The innocent can never last
Wake me up when September ends

Ring out the bells again
Like we did when spring began
Wake me up when September ends

Here comes the rain again
Falling from the stars
Drenched in my pain again
Becoming who we are

As my memory rests
But never forgets what I lost
Wake me up when September ends

Summer has come and passed
The innocent can never last
Wake me up when September ends

Like my father's come to pass
Twenty years has gone so fast
Wake me up when September ends
Wake me up when September ends~

I strummed one last time then looked at Lola on the floor,whose eyes were wide and full of tears.

"That was beautiful,"was all she could manage before breaking down and gathering me in her arms.

I let her go then took off the guitar to make the hug more comfortable.

"Hey,shhhhh,don't cry baby what's wrong?"I asked,full of concern.

Lola bit her lip then it wobbled before she started sobbing again,clutching to my chest.I simply said nothing and tried to calm her down by stroking her hair softly and rubbing circles into her back.

I put the guitar against the wall and walked back to her,the sight almost breaking my heart.Lola's eyes were bloodshot red and her cheeks were glistening with tears.I instantly wrapped my arms around her in a comforting embrace.

Finally she managed to sputter out a few words.

"Few days before...my mom...cancer...early diagnosis...,"Lola broke down again.

I held her even tighter and nuzzled my face into her head

"It's gonna be ok,trust me."

Ok so I won't be updating for a while since I'm camping and there's no wifi but I'm at a station and yeah.

Bai luv y'all!